Wimbledon 2023

Yeah I preferred it when IMG took the bbc graphics and gave it a more generic Wimbledon theme and it that wonderful Wimbledon anthem, it was always a joy to listen to it at the end of the world feed particularly towards the beginning of the tournament where you got a longer listen, then you could see the beauty camera coming down and you can tell there were at a car park.

(26-06-2023, 09:09 PM)harshy Wrote:  Yeah I preferred it when IMG took the bbc graphics and gave it a more generic Wimbledon theme and it that wonderful Wimbledon anthem, it was always a joy to listen to it at the end of the world feed particularly towards the beginning of the tournament where you got a longer listen, then you could see the beauty camera coming down and you can tell there were at a car park.
The old music was great, but the titles used in 2016/17 would make even BBC News blush with how basic they are.

www.youtube.com 

Over on the BBC website, there are new images for the progamme guide which suggest the BBC coverage will also receive new titles. The current titles have been used with minor changes since 2017.

[Image: p0fwmvx5.jpg]
[Image: p0fwmx4p.jpg]
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • harshy, UTVLifer

(26-06-2023, 08:53 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Though there are new world feed titles (the previous one lasted a year), which once again are a trailer used as titles.

www.youtube.com 

If they're being used as titles they completely lack the class and gravitas you associated with the event.

These from 2019 were just stunning:

youtu.be 
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald, harshy, RhysJR

(27-06-2023, 11:51 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  If they're being used as titles they completely lack the class and gravitas you associated with the event.

These from 2019 were just stunning:

youtu.be 

A shortened version is used for the titles. They are visible at the start of the iPlayer stream of qualifying:

www.bbc.co.uk 

The BBC Media Centre has released a Q&A with their three presenters (Clare getting a video whilst Isa & Qasa don't)
www.bbc.co.uk 

And Clare and Isa were on The One Show this evening

twitter.com 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • UTVLifer

Premier Sports in Ireland says they will have three red button streams, in addition to the two main channels. That's less streams than there are courts with commentary most likely.

twitter.com 

There are usually 6 show courts (Centre, 1, 2, 3, 12 ,18) where the bulk of matches are played with full broadcast treatment but I think commentary is now provided on all courts.

Will it work though, is the big question! Problems seem to plague Premier Sports each and every time they roll out the red button option.

(01-07-2023, 12:11 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Premier Sports in Ireland says they will have three red button streams, in addition to the two main channels. That's less streams than there are courts with commentary most likely.

twitter.com 

I do remind that you need a account to view Twitter which people who post links to it forget.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StreamingTV's post:
  • Nobby

I think the EBU show every court feed with commentary plus the Wimbledon world feed minus the feed img produce for YouTube I forgot what it’s called so there should be more then 3 court feeds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • Ste