Wimbledon 2023

There don't appear to be the additional red button streams available on DSAT this year. Presumably this is a consequence of upgrading the main Red Button channel and BBC1 English regions to HD.

The extra Red button feeds were not in BBC leased transponders so what the BBC has done does not affect this
BTW BBC one south HD txp 24 12168 V is on Sky until the nightlight is turned off.

The reason that the feeds are over the internet is that everyone / more people can get them
And it probably is cheaper than DSAT as the deals done in the past promoted that platform, whose predominate owner is also going IP as they are a major domestic ISP.

The BBC still can't afford new mic-covers with the new BBC logo for Wimbledon.

No new opening titles, same ones they’ve used for quite a number of years now

(03-07-2023, 10:36 AM)AxG Wrote:  The BBC still can't afford new mic-covers with the new BBC logo for Wimbledon.

I believe the official line is that due to the cost of producing them, the old logo covers can be used until they run out.
[-] The following 2 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • AndrewP, UTVLifer

Pathetic if that's the case - in the grand scheme of production costs that would likely be a negligible cost - just a quick google and you're talking as little a £20-£30 each. OK, they may need to pay a bit more for suitable broadcast quality, but you're talking hundreds rather than thousands of pounds.

I suspect they're spending far more than that daily in off-screen expenses over the fortnight.

If anybody needs to phone Salford Quays...
(From the Court 17 feed as play begins)

[Image: TVLF%20227.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, Stuart

A new innovation sees BBC Two joining action live without missing a point on the first morning! A miracle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie

(03-07-2023, 10:46 AM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  I believe the official line is that due to the cost of producing them, the old logo covers can be used until they run out.

Are they changed every time the mic is used? And if so, is it for hygiene purposes, or another reason?

(03-07-2023, 11:05 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Pathetic if that's the case - in the grand scheme of production costs that would likely be a negligible cost - just a quick google and you're talking as little a £20-£30 each.  OK, they may need to pay a bit more for suitable broadcast quality, but you're talking hundreds rather than thousands of pounds.   

I suspect they're spending far more than that daily in off-screen expenses over the fortnight.

Here's a reply from just before the World Cup started
twitter.com 

On another note, though we still have the titles, I did see the design used on the iPlayer thumbnails being used during for a wipe as the Red Button coverage started.
[-] The following 2 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • RhysJR, what