Wimbledon 2023

(03-07-2023, 11:19 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  A new innovation sees BBC Two joining action live without missing a point on the first morning! A miracle.

The only day coverage begins ahead of play though.  It's 11am tomorrow so probably live coverage till about 20 past.

And still not made that simple tweak to the lunchtime schedule to start Centre coverage on BBC1.   Even a 1.30 start would be sufficient now as it takes 10 minutes or so to get through the warm up.

(03-07-2023, 11:28 AM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  On another note, though we still have the titles, I did see the design used on the iPlayer thumbnails being used during for a wipe as the Red Button coverage started.
Also the basis of the live score graphic in the update segments, a graphic which is still completely different to the rest of the BBC graphics.

[Image: TVLF%20228.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie

The iPlayer live streams have stopped working for me. This on multiple devices and multiple browsers so I don't think the problem is exclusively on my end.

Plus, it looks like the court live streams are only available on iPlayer and not on the BBC Sport website. The link on the BBC Sport app homepage for the court live streams redirects to the iPlayer app.
  • thePineapple

Yes been down nearly an hour now, not great first day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aaron_scotland's post:
  • RhysJR

Once again, Centre Court is live streamed on the Wimbledon website

www.wimbledon.com 

(03-07-2023, 01:44 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  Yes been down nearly an hour now, not great first day.

Very poor form - not something they usually have issues with.   Probably not related but makes you wonder if the now closed additional linear red button streams were keeping traffic more manageable.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • aaron_scotland, SuperSajuuk

(03-07-2023, 01:54 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Very poor form - not something they usually have issued with.   Probably not related but makes you wonder if the now closed additional linear red button streams were keeping traffic more manageable.

Of course they were. The majority of people still use linear channels via numbers than connected TV’s or online apps and websites.

They were broadcasting a test card with a phone number on it for a good 30 minutes earlier as well, wonder if they got many phonecalls.

The knives will be out for The BBC today! My apologies for sharing this 'source'. 

www.thesun.co.uk 

A bit unfortunate for the BBC to have technical gremlins today of all days, especially when their interface is better than what we have to use at the other three grand slams this year (Discovery+ can be awkward to use and I'm not having the highest hopes for extra streams being easy to use and functioning for Sky Sports at the US Open based on previous outings).

Looks like iPlayer is back working now I think, just in time for the first rain delay of the week.

Love Dovak Djokovic

twitter.com 
  • Brekkie