Wimbledon 2023

(03-07-2023, 02:17 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  The knives will be out for The BBC today! My apologies for sharing this 'source'.
Some media outlets like to allege 'fuming' at every turn, and of course everything these days is now a 'crisis', even down to the crack in the pavement outside my neighbour's house.

Of course mistakes can happen in any broadcasting environment.

It's a shame the old temporary RB channels haven't returned on DSat, but I guess funds are limited now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • Jon

(03-07-2023, 02:17 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  The knives will be out for The BBC today! My apologies for sharing this 'source'. 

www.thesun.co.uk 

Of course those sources that were first to say the BBC should be defunded are first to moan about the consequences of such defunding.

P.S.  Has Clare appeared yet?
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Newsroom, Stuart

I’m surprised Clare Balding hasn’t appeared yet

They seem to be showing the same match on both channels at the moment

(03-07-2023, 03:33 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I’m surprised Clare Balding hasn’t appeared yet

They seem to be showing the same match on both channels at the moment

That's only due to a rain delay and centre court not drying as quickly as it should due to humidity.

I notice the old sport logo is still on the studio desk
[-] The following 1 user Likes South's post:
  • RhysJR

I assume Clare is starting later as she will be doing the same hours as Sue did last year, but is finishing at 9pm or 10pm rather than 6pm like Sue in her final few years. It's also more effective for Isa to do more than two/three hours a day like she did last year.

Worth noting that there is an extra day to cover than in years before Isa joined so Clare will probably be doing a similar amount of total time on air as Sue would have done a decade or so ago.

Clare has started, so presumably a 4pm change over
[-] The following 1 user Likes PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • RhysJR

Clare has now appeared although in voice only

This will presumably now mean the ‘main presenter’ will just start their day by voicing the next available change of ends round up after 4pm and won’t actually open any programme.

Sue used to do the whole thing until fairly recently, then she started going home at 6pm and then last year with the new BBC One evening session she would instead start late and stay to the end.

I could see Clare starting earlier in the later stages and she would obviously have to on the final days. I wonder if it’s will be Isa or Clare doing the centre court dignitary ceremony done on middle Saturday?

(03-07-2023, 11:28 AM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  Here's a reply from just before the World Cup started
twitter.com 

On another note, though we still have the titles, I did see the design used on the iPlayer thumbnails being used during for a wipe as the Red Button coverage started.

They really should just use some plain ones rather than showing the old logo then

Not sure who is on the world feed I thought it was Sue Therle but could be Celina Hinchcliffe it’s hard to say as they are out of vision.