Wheel of Fortune USA host Pat Sajak retires

In the US version, isn't it just the hostess pressing buttons on a screen now rather than physically turning the letters round? I'd prefer the new UK version to stay the old fashioned way, like how Countdown is still using the physical cards when other international versions are computerised.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Ma76

(28-06-2023, 12:07 AM)David Wrote:  My money is on Mel Giedroyc

Or just go for someone unknown as the co-host- Angela and Carol were unknowns when the show started, Jenny and Terri maybe slightly more known but not household names.

(27-06-2023, 07:48 PM)XIII Wrote:  I suspect those three are probably a bit too old to do it now. I imagine they'll probably go for someone who's good at bantering with Graham.

I still wouldn’t kick Jenny Powell out of bed- she’s aged great.

I do wonder if they’ll just give it to some random celebrity though. I hope not.

I also hope they keep the 30 minute runtime- an hour is too long for what the show is.

I expect this will be scheduled in place of Starstruck, in the post Takeaway slot.

With Graham attached to it, it's going to be middle of Saturday primetime rather than one of those Sunday teatime quizzes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • DeMarkay

I was thinking probably pre-BGT in the Spring - I'm assuming In with a Shout won't get a second run.

(28-06-2023, 10:16 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I was thinking probably pre-BGT in the Spring - I'm assuming In with a Shout won't get a second run.
That could work.

6pm- In For a Penny
6:30pm-Wheel of Fortune
7:00pm- BGT (it was in this slot primarily for years, it’s only recently they changed it)
8:30pm- The 1% Club

Just pointing out WoF is 60 mins.

(28-06-2023, 12:41 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Just pointing out WoF is 60 mins.

In the US it is a half hour format, will ITV want it that way?

The US primetime version is 60 minutes so I would guess that is what the revival will be based on.

(28-06-2023, 12:11 AM)James2001 Wrote:  In the US version, isn't it just the hostess pressing buttons on a screen now rather than physically turning the letters round? I'd prefer the new UK version to stay the old fashioned way, like how Countdown is still using the physical cards when other international versions are computerised.

It's a lot more cost effective to have the screen, Countdown is just a pile of cardboard letters and numbers which likely doesn't cost much at all.

(28-06-2023, 01:37 PM)XIII Wrote:  The US primetime version is 60 minutes so I would guess that is what the revival will be based on.

I think the US version has two half hour games back to back in the hour.

They can probably get away more with stretching it to an hour here as you just add extra games - have 5 rounds instead of 3 for example.    I can see this being like Catchphrase too and if it continues becoming a celeb only format.

Maybe they found Alison Hammond to be particularly skilled in rotating a trilon during the pilot she hosted.