Wheel of Fortune USA host Pat Sajak retires

HIGNFY will be 33 this year, Bargain Hunt 23.

(13-06-2023, 09:59 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  On TV yes but of course radio gameshows beats TV by some considerable margin in the longevity stakes.  Believe there's a panel game show on radio 4 that predates Radio 4 itself, having started on the Home Service.

The Round Britain Quiz celebrated its 75th anniversary last year, though I think the reports at the time mentioned that it hasn’t run continuously. Brain of Britain was said to have the longest continuous run. Neither has anything like the number of episodes as Countdown, though.

Ryan Seacrest is the new presenter of Wheel of Fortune according to CNN.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Happy2001

And Graham Norton is the new UK host.

www.tvzoneuk.com 

8x60 inc 2 celeb episodes.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AJB39, Happy2001, Ma76

Not quite sure I see it being the right gig for Graham. I can only assume it's going to get a massive overhaul compared to the dry affair that the UK show used to be like.

A big name undoubtedly but feel that Norton is the wrong choice. A good interviewer maybe but too technical a host and just can't see him getting into this type of show.

I hope they get a new face as the “Vanna”, rather than just an attractive UK female celebrity. Having said that I wouldn’t mind if Carol, Jenny or Terri came back, but I don’t think they would these days.

I suspect the UK version is going to closer to the US version than the original UK version.

One thing I've noticed in the press release is that the UK version will only have the winner keep their money, when it was points, I think the runner ups got a souvenir and whatever prize they won from solving the puzzle plus spot prizes.

I hope the final is the same as the original UK version though- the US one gives them half the alphabet already and then they have to give their own letters too.

(27-06-2023, 07:43 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I hope they get a new face as the “Vanna”, rather than just an attractive UK female celebrity. Having said that I wouldn’t mind if Carol, Jenny or Terri came back, but I don’t think they would these days.

I suspect those three are probably a bit too old to do it now. I imagine they'll probably go for someone who's good at bantering with Graham.