Wheel of Fortune USA host Pat Sajak retires

I can see it being someone different every episode.

(27-06-2023, 07:48 PM)XIII Wrote:  I suspect those three are probably a bit too old to do it now. I imagine they'll probably go for someone who's good at bantering with Graham.

Hannah Waddingham?
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • DeMarkay

Will it be made by STV? or do they no longer hold the UK rights?

(27-06-2023, 07:58 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Will it be made by STV? or do they no longer hold the UK rights?

Produced by Whisper North.

(27-06-2023, 08:00 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Produced by Whisper North.
So do they now holds the UK rights now?

(27-06-2023, 08:07 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  So do they now holds the UK rights now?

Whisper is owned by Sony who has the underlying rights to the format.

(27-06-2023, 07:54 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Hannah Waddingham?

Hannah's too famous and too expensive for that role.

I have been hearing sounds that Graham could be ending his talk show after this next season which starts in the autumn, maybe this is his chance to move over to ITV fully.

There has been talk that he wants to end his talk show when he turns 60, which is in 2024.

Graham has already cut back on the number on his talk show. I remember when it used to run from late September until mid June, with a one month break around March. Now he ends it in March, and doesn't come back until late September.

(27-06-2023, 07:43 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I hope they get a new face as the “Vanna”, rather than just an attractive UK female celebrity. Having said that I wouldn’t mind if Carol, Jenny or Terri came back, but I don’t think they would these days.

They don't even really need that role now as the letters can just light up themselves.   Glamourous game show assistants are not really a thing anymore - Epic Gameshow played it for laughs with Shaun from The Chase - although to be fair the original UK version did make them more of a co-host as series went on.

Just look at Countdown. Started with a glamourous assistant on the letters and another girl on the numbers, but in the end they just merged the two roles and Carol Vorderman effectively became a co-host, a role continued by her successor Rachel Riley. Carol and Rachel were both hired of course for their brains, not beauty.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • Gary Baldy, Ma76

(27-06-2023, 07:48 PM)XIII Wrote:  I suspect those three are probably a bit too old to do it now. I imagine they'll probably go for someone who's good at bantering with Graham.

My money is on Mel Giedroyc