Eurovision Song Contest 2024

I was surprised not to see a thread already going for Eurovision 2024

Reportedly the Swedish broadcaster has so far got three bids to host the ESC next year - Gothenburg, Malmö and Stockholm 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • Medianext.MX

While we're at it, an old news: ABBA won't reunite on stage.
www.bbc.co.uk 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

Very unlikely that they would. But if they were, they’d still be saying they wouldn’t.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • Earlie37, W. Knight

I think they might try and use the Abbatars.

(14-06-2023, 12:17 AM)Jon Wrote:  Very unlikely that they would. But if they were, they’d still be saying they wouldn’t.

Id be surprised if they didn't atleast show up in a VT piece.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aaron_scotland's post:
  • TJTSW

I think if ABBA did appear in any form it'd likely be just Benny and Bjorn in a VT
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • TJTSW

Taylor Swift has announced that she will be performing at the arena in the Stockholm Eurovision 2024 bid on the 17th May next year, which either means if Stockholm now it'll be on 11th May, or it'll be either Malmo or Gothenburg unless Stockholm could find an alternative arena 

twitter.com 

I think we saw last year that sort of detective work didn't mean much, though cancelling on Taylor Swift probably a bigger deal than cancelling on Olly Murs.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Apparently, the Stockholm bid involves the construction of a temporary arena.
[-] The following 2 users Like cando's post:
  • Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Stockholm's bid also includes the Tele2 Arena, where Eurovision The Party was in 2016 when the Globen (Avicii Arena) last hosted. But with the Scandinavium in Gothenburg being set for demolition and reconstruction at some point, I wouldn't mind going back to Malmö.
[-] The following 2 users Like JosiahStuart's post:
  • Quantum+83, UTVLifer