Television Centre in Titles

The newly updated This Morning titles, now featuring more donut, got me thinking about television title sequences featuring Television Centre.

www.youtube.com 

Of course the absolute classic is Live & Kicking:
www.youtube.com 

Back in the TVC days Children in Need almost always opened with a bit of a light show outside TVC:
www.youtube.com 

I've vague recollections too of a Lottery version with the balls coming through the walls of Studio 1, but I might have imagined that as I can't find anything along those lines.

Anyone think of any more where TVC actually plays an active role in the titles, rather than just acting as an establishing shot?
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, Ma76, PWD, UTVLifer

Also a little tidbit, that TVC shot is borrowed straight from the previous GMB titles.

I definitely remember the National Lottery titles as well ....... after a bit of digging:

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like PJamo's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, Ma76, PWD

This Morning's 'new' titles look very amateurish, especially with the pan of TVC before the end.
[-] The following 3 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, Jayesyn

Kenny Everett defaced it in his own inimitable way during the last series' titles of his Television Show:

youtu.be 

Would Auntie's Bloomers count as well?

youtu.be 
[-] The following 3 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • AndrewP, Former Member 406, Roger Darthwell

Auntie's Bloomers would most certainly count. Especially with Wogan's mentions of being down in the bowels of the Concrete Doughnut.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AaronLancs's post:
  • Larry the Loafer

(20-06-2023, 02:03 PM)PJamo Wrote:  I definitely remember the National Lottery titles as well ....... after a bit of digging:

www.youtube.com 

Thanks.  Sometimes you do wonder if you've created false memories of such things so good to see it existed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • PJamo

(20-06-2023, 11:49 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  The newly updated This Morning titles, now featuring more donut, got me thinking about television title sequences featuring Television Centre.

www.youtube.com 
I'd always thought that the This Morning titles being too "Holly & Phill"-centric might one day prove problematic, if either/both of them were ever suddenly gone.

I of course could never have imagined a scenario anything like Schofield's recent fall from grace would arise, but was thinking more along the lines of the much younger (and therefore potentially more ambitious?) Willoughby being much more open/likely to getting poached by other broadcasters whilst her star is/was in ascendancy - and therefore might not necessarily have stuck around at TM for too long.

TM is one of those programmes where the format is more key than whoever happens to currently present it. The changing line-ups over the years, including at least two sudden abrupt departures of presenters (John Leslie and Phillip Schofield), are testament to this.

Having to fudge a presenter-less title sequence from a storyboard that was inherently designed to be presenter-centric was always gonna look a bit rubbish. The new aerial shot of the TVC donut looks like it's been borrowed from a previous GMB title sequence!

The extent to which most folk almost exclusively referred to it as "Richard & Judy" (rather than its actual title) during the first 13 years - as if no other members of the entire human race could possibly ever present it, and that it would definitely have to be axed if R&J ever quit - seems like a parallel universe situation now.
[-] The following 3 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • Kojak, Pips2022, UTVLifer

(20-06-2023, 04:18 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I'd always thought that the This Morning titles being too "Holly & Phill"-centric might one day prove problematic, if either/both of them were ever suddenly gone.
It hasn’t really been problematic though, they were in the titles whilst their partnership as lead presenters existed and now that partnership has ended they aren’t, yes that was always going to be the case.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • Brekkie, Nobby

Can't find an example on YouTube, but the shortlived Greg James music show, Sounds Like Friday Night, were a similar idea to the L&K titles
[-] The following 1 user Likes PWD's post:
  • Former Member 406