BBC Radio 1: Adele Roberts to leave station after eight years

Adele Roberts is leaving Radio 1 after "an incredible eight years" at the station.

The DJ has already presented her last show, which was in May.

In the last few years she's spoken openly about her treatment for bowel cancer and in June last year she said she was free from the disease.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Over to Virgin Radio it is for her probably then- that would be a better fit for her

(21-06-2023, 01:36 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Over to Virgin Radio it is for her probably then- that would be a better fit for her

Really? I know it's an overused phrase but I find Virgin still sounds too much like a "tinpot" station considering the corporation behind it.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes VMPhil's post:
  • London Lite

I think it'll be cover at Radio 2 for the foreseeable, as the tweet from Radio 1's Press account mentions she'll stay on BBC Radio.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Ash101's post:
  • AndrewP, JosiahStuart, Roger Darthwell, Toby brown, UTVLifer

(21-06-2023, 01:38 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Really? I know it's an overused phrase but I find Virgin still sounds too much like a "tinpot" station considering the corporation behind it.
The problem with Virgin is that no one really knows what it is. A lot of people assume it's a rock station because that's what it's predessesor was. It launched as a more mainstream version of 6 Music or XFM, but then some Radio 2 people joined. 

It's part of a big corporation but they're more interested in their newer stations Talk TV and Times Radio. Unlike their other stations it doesn't have a natural pairing with one of their print publications

Outside the UK, the Virgin Radio brand is more known as a CHR brand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Toby brown