News Coverage of Unfolding Events in Russia

Some extraordinary output across the outlets today. Al Jazeera have been excellent in their coverage, as has BBC News. Steve Rosenburg painted a clear - and somewhat concerning - picture earlier online. 

Sky News - from what I saw earlier - seem to be a bit slower with their coverage. 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AndrewP, Ben Shatliff, bkman1990, chrisherald

CNN Domestic simulcasts overnights from midnight (as is usual when something happens), from what it seems approximately first two thirds of every hour are dedicated to the mutiny, with the last third reserved for other stories.

Also, old version of full Breaking News intro made a surprising appearance several times.
[Image: image.png]
archive.org 

BBC goes on with rolling coverage of the single story.
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, EastCoast, Newsroom

GB News covered it but wasn't the top story rather going with the Armed forces day at the top of the hour at 9 then russia news second but wasn't until about 9:12

The current BBC News presenter Gareth Barlow appears to be excellent at handling this breaking news story. Very assured so far, even when new info is coming through the news wires.

(24-06-2023, 09:48 AM)oscillon Wrote:  CNN Domestic simulcasts overnights from midnight (as is usual when something happens), from what it seems approximately first two thirds of every hour are dedicated to the mutiny, with the last third reserved for other stories.

Also, old version of full Breaking News intro made a surprising appearance several times.
archive.org 

BBC goes on with rolling coverage of the single story.

I can't believe that Breaking News sting is still loaded in their systems! I can't recall when I saw it last - possibly years ago!

(24-06-2023, 09:48 AM)oscillon Wrote:  Also, old version of full Breaking News intro made a surprising appearance several times.
archive.org 
We were promised a different look for breaking news. I guess it’s the old look again!

Over in France, LCI in rolling coverage (no surprise) with a red 'Edition Special' intro to differentiate it from the usual 24/7 Ukraine coverage.
cdn.discordapp.com 
Web Image

BFMTV also with rolling coverage.
cdn.discordapp.com 
Web Image

CNN also covering other news on CNN This Morning, were talking about the Titan when I flipped it on (and quickly changed channels because of that).
[-] The following 3 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, London Lite

CNN have brought Wolf Blitzer on to cover this story live from London.
[-] The following 5 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, EastCoast, matthieu1221, oscillon

(24-06-2023, 12:24 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  CNN have brought Wolf Blitzer on to cover this story live from London.

A sign of a really big story. Interesting that Wolf airs from London and not DC - he was notably absent from his show for the last few days.

Also, on-screen ticker still labels it as CNN This Morning.

(24-06-2023, 01:08 PM)oscillon Wrote:  A sign of a really big story. Interesting that Wolf airs from London and not DC - he was notably absent from his show for the last few days.

Presumably he’s been in London all week either on a break or working on another story.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, matthieu1221, oscillon