TV pres music released as singles

Music graduate here, currently scouring the internet for a copy of Lord David Dundas' excellent Fourscore jingle that was the first piece of music heard on Channel 4 back on 1982, and subsequently released commercially as a nice little 7-inch single...

This got me thinking - what other pieces of TV pres music got released commercially? Could be ident jingles fleshed out to four minutes, could be the music you hear during breakdowns or schools interludes. Or if just you just have a favourite bit of TV music, then there's no harm in popping it here. Let's build a TV anorak's record collection together.

Another example: The Channel 4 ident music from 1999, linked below in its album form and full of lovely squelchy synthesizers and rich strings. (The full album's worth checking out if you like your house and electronica.)

This was also released on vinyl back in the day - shame it's not yet available to stream in official high quality.

[-] The following 3 users Like M-CORP's post:
  • bkman1990, madmusician, stusoldvideo

(01-07-2023, 06:20 PM)M-CORP Wrote:  This was also released on vinyl back in the day - shame it's not yet available to stream in official high quality.

That's Soul Write was a re-recording conducted 'down the line' apparently, hence it sounding less 'punchy' than the snippets of the official closedown version.
A version of ATV's Midlands Montage was officially released as a single (B Side to General Hospital's theme), as was 'Life is a Beautiful Book.. TVS's "The Morning Overture' is now released on digital channels from the master tape. Some of the OLD startups like 'Sound and Vision' , 'South Wales and West TV March, 'Scotlandia' and 'Music Everywhere' were released on vinyl too back in the day. There are re-recordings of 'Widespread World of Rediffusion', 'Southern Rhapsody' 'Granada Prelude/ and 'An English Overture' released aswell should the mood take you.
[-] The following 3 users Like IndigoTucker's post:
  • bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, stusoldvideo

I think this probably fits the brief

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like thegeek's post:
  • AaronLancs, Ant, bilky asko, Ma76

(02-07-2023, 11:37 AM)thegeek Wrote:  I think this probably fits the brief

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

Think this one is the most recognisable.

Also, lest we forget this gem from 2001.

Hands up, Pres Caffers. Who has this still? I do!

youtu.be 
[-] The following 1 user Likes AaronLancs's post:
  • Frances

Its a shame TSW isnt the same as TV version. Mind you there is a whole TSW Album from 1982, TSW had another one in 1988 for A certain Rabbit:

www.youtube.com 

which even had a B side.

BBC had a few albums made but I can't think of much ITV albums?

I know this is dedicated to idents but what about theme tunes in general. Specifically, eighties gameshow themes.

File Under: Laurence, Zack. I present Rock Revolution: Theme From Interceptor. Which gives a nod to a certain composer called Chopin and his Revolutionary Etude.

youtu.be 

Wasn't the BBC World break filler released at one time?

(02-07-2023, 11:35 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Wasn't the BBC World break filler released at one time?

Yes and see post 4 for the YT clip.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AaronLancs's post:
  • Steve in Pudsey

Another David Dundas track, it was released on a CD compilation, and listed as ‘ITV Logo’, presumably because they didn’t think anyone would know what ‘ident’ meant!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Pip's post:
  • Si-Co

Back in 1988 LWT released the theme to the Two of US on LP.
www.45cat.com 

What is interesting is the B-side which was the music used for the promos from Autumn 1986

They called it Genesis Aon - Rod Argent, Pete Van Hooke
[-] The following 1 user Likes Milkshake's post:
  • Si-Co