BBC/ITV West News

Looks like Points West will get the refreshed set soon according to the head of the regional set refresh's Twitter account.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like HTVbest's post:
  • AndrewP, harshy, JamieD, Superman1986, UTVLifer

I can’t see the tweet because I’ve reached my limit, what does it depict?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Superman1986's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Not much in terms of newness stuffs - apart from some imitation towers - but does have a good overhead shot of the studio.

[Image: Screenshot%202023-07-02%20213134.png]
Image by the poster.
[-] The following 4 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, oscillon, Superman1986

Bristol have such a nice large studio, so not sure why they ended up with the standard lightbox design rather than the one Plymouth got. So much of that space seems to be wasted.

I guess that's not going to change with the installation of the IKEA flat pack set.

Are Bristol currently 'HD ready' in terms of cameras/gallery, or is this a full conversion?

I'm confused.

Is this a case of "2 + 2 = 953" thinking?

Is the Tweet screen-shotted by AaronLancs the same one that HTVbest was referring to? (Which I can't see, because - like Superman1986 - I have reached my limit for sneaky peeks at Twitter without having my own Twitter account)

If so, then there is nothing stated in that Tweet that says anything about Points West being on the cusp of an imminent set change just now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • Superman1986

(03-07-2023, 12:42 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I'm confused.

Is this a case of "2 + 2 = 953" thinking?

Is the Tweet screen-shotted by AaronLancs the same one that HTVbest was referring to? (Which I can't see, because - like Superman1986 - I have reached my limit for sneaky peeks at Twitter without having my own Twitter account)

If so, then there is nothing stated in that Tweet that says anything about Points West being on the cusp of an imminent set change just now.

Well that one is Russell Sheath's latest post. So I assume with the mention of this thread being about BBC & ITV West News made 1 + 1 = 2.

It seems like a possible pre-production scout. But unless HTVbest can confirm which Tweet it was and screenshot it. I would say I have done my best.

Plus apropos to nothing but Sheath has been supervising lately a lot of the filming of the backdrops that are going to be needed. I think with the best guesses that I have seen Plymouth was one and I think coincidentally Bristol seems to be another.
[-] The following 2 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • Former Member 406, Superman1986

I'm glad to hear that regions are sensibly filming their backdrops now (i.e. at the most clement time of year), even though it may be many months before some get their LED sets.

It makes me wonder whether those regions that got their new sets quite early in the year (e.g. EMT) had to film their backdrops as long ago as last summer in order to guarantee good weather, trees in full leaf etc etc.
[-] The following 3 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • AaronLancs, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(03-07-2023, 12:57 AM)AaronLancs Wrote:  Well that one is Russell Sheath's latest post. So I assume with the mention of this thread being about BBC & ITV West News made 1 + 1 = 2.

It seems like a possible pre-production scout. But unless HTVbest can confirm which Tweet it was and screenshot it. I would say I have done my best.

Plus apropos to nothing but Sheath has been supervising lately a lot of the filming of the backdrops that are going to be needed. I think with the best guesses that I have seen Plymouth was one and I think coincidentally Bristol seems to be another.

[-] The following 3 users Like HTVbest's post:
  • AaronLancs, Former Member 406, Stuart

My sympathies to Bristol for their downgrade.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • HTVbest, Jayesyn, UTVLifer

Sub-regional title sequence and opening headlines on ITV News West Country tonight, but the first headline was about plans to house asylum seekers in a ship off the coast of Portland (which is stretching the definition of relevant for here in the "HTV" sub-region).

Post-headlines, the Top Story section of the programme was then live pan-regionally, with the crappy CGI "gallery" backdrop on the studio faux windows, around the lead report package and throws to correspondent OBs from Dorchester, Falmouth (in that oh-so-HTV county of Cornwall...), Portland, and Westminster.

The lead story went on until 6:13pm, with a throw to the Evening News preview with Charlene White. Immediately after which (at 6:14pm), the Clifton Suspension Bridge studio backdrop was back.

EDIT: There weren't any subsequent OBs, with "Live" bugs (or lack thereof) to give away whether HTV Land had the live or pre-recorded edition.

Was half-expecting that the very last sliver of the programme (post-weather) might also be live pan-regionally for any new information about the ship story. But, it was just a very brief generic close with no re-cap of the main story etc and the Bristol backdrop still present.
[-] The following 4 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • JosiahStuart, Stuart, Superman1986, TVHead