Ant and Dec rebooting Byker Grove

After 17 years, Byker Grove is set to make a comeback this time produced by Ant and Dec

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 4 users Like JHarper_2022's post:
  • fanoftv, LouBlu08, MorganLamia, Roger Darthwell

Been reminded now of those stupid press stories when Ant & Dec first bought the rights to Byker Grove that they'd supposedly done it to keep repeats off TV, which never made any sense as they'd never suggested they were ashamed by it and have always been happy to talk about it and send it up. But the tabloid press never cared about facts anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • fanoftv

Mitre Studios have posted a message from Ant & Dec about the comeback:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes fanoftv's post:
  • Happy2001

With no broadcaster attached I'll believe it when I see it, a bit like The Bill. Would be great for the North East though.

I suspect some retro continuity might end up going on here because IIRC the whole thing went totally off the rails and very Truman Show in the then final episode in 2006.

Didn't they discover their lives were being controlled by a mysterious force called "The Writers"?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • WhoOdyssey

I watched it at the time. Not on broadcast but on Telewest’s (as was) on demand service. It is one of the most bizarre things I’d seen to that point.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

The last episode (two parts).

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes tellyblues's post:
  • Happy2001

Clearly that episode won't be considered canon. They were just having some fun as they ended the show, right? Every other episode was grounded in reality, except that one.

(04-07-2023, 06:19 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Didn't they discover their lives were being controlled by a mysterious force called "The Writers"?

Sounds like Red Dwarf Back To Earth....