Virgin Media

Doesn't look like the Pluto TV channels are on the EPG, maybe that's not happening, or coming later.

Anyone know why TCM hasn’t been removed from Virgin boxes yet?

The Pluto app is now available on 360 boxes for the first time

(16-07-2023, 04:48 PM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  Anyone know why TCM hasn’t been removed from Virgin boxes yet?

Is it still playing films? Could be a carriage thing if so. Going back a fair while Granada Breeze lasted on NTL a year longer than it did on all other platforms.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(16-07-2023, 05:33 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Is it still playing films? Could be a carriage thing if so. Going back a fair while Granada Breeze lasted on NTL a year longer than it did on all other platforms.

It is still showing the TCM Movies is no longer available on Virgin Media slate and then directs viewers to alternative channels. EPG says “Channel No Longer Available”

(16-07-2023, 05:44 PM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  It is still showing the TCM Movies is no longer available on Virgin Media slate and then directs viewers to alternative channels. EPG says “Channel No Longer Available”

Ah yes. Those often linger about, just means they haven't got around to dropping it from the EPG yet. The streams themselves tend to stick around until they eventually get allocated to something else (or completely removed).

Unlike satellite there's no particular saving to be had from releasing capacity, so less imperative to do it.

chatps.com

I thought that was due to some technical reason so that people can continue to watch recordings or should it go hidden to do that?

(16-07-2023, 06:26 PM)cable Wrote:  I thought that was due to some technical reason so that people can continue to watch recordings or should it go hidden to do that?

That was a thing with Teleport/V+ recordings for sure, I thought they'd sorted that for TiVo though? 

(Unless there's still V+ boxes out there?)

chatps.com

(16-07-2023, 08:12 PM)WillPS Wrote:  That was a thing with Teleport/V+ recordings for sure, I thought they'd sorted that for TiVo though? 

(Unless there's still V+ boxes out there?)

All of the V+ boxes are long gone.  However, even with the newer boxes, the remains of old channels that have closed or been removed hang around for a while so recordings will still work.  The channel normally gets hidden from the EPG after a week or so, but for some reason the one for TCM appears to be hanging around for a bit longer than usual.

It looks like sometime this morning or during the night TCM and its +1 have disappeared. Not quite sure why they were lingering around for this long though.