Thread Closed

Huw Edwards identified as BBC presenter at the centre of recent scandal

Huw Edwards has resigned. Confirmed by BBC News at Six.

EDIT: It’s now been clarified he has not resigned but is residing in hospital as confirmed by his wife. He has now been named as the individual behind this weeks BBC Presenter allegations.
[-] The following 2 users Like RDJ's post:
  • Pjjp1991, Quantum+83

Presumably we will be hearing again from Tim Davie at some point this evening

Sophie Raworth clearly struggling tonight with this shocking news
[-] The following 11 users Like Andrew's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, GMc, j.smith, Moz, Northlad, Quantum+83, thePineapple, thomash79, UTVLifer, W1ll, Yorksman

Quite a mistake to say he has resigned at the opener if it isnt true?
[-] The following 5 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • GMc, mouseboy33, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

I presume it’s the forum swear filter that has starred out his name?

I’d say the more important news is that the Met says there’s been no crime. So for all intents and purposes, this matter is between him and his wife/family.
[-] The following 12 users Like Adsales's post:
  • AJB39, alfiejmulcahy, Charles, DavidV, DeMarkay, fanoftv, London Lite, oscillon, Quantum+83, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Just to clarify that this thread was only created by me to report the major sudden update that the presenter had resigned from the BBC as first reported by the BBC News at Six.

As this has now been corrected by them that this is not the case, and given his confirmed hospital admission, Mods can feel free to close this thread if they wish to prevent talk of his personal life here.
[-] The following 3 users Like RDJ's post:
  • Ant, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(12-07-2023, 06:14 PM)Adsales Wrote:  I’d say the more important news is that the Met says there’s been no crime. So for all intents and purposes, this matter is between him and his wife/family.

Sadly the way The Scum have blown this story up, it's gone well beyond that and ruined his reputation and hounded him into hospital. The tabloid press doing it yet again, and they'll still keep doing it.
[-] The following 5 users Like James2001's post:
  • Adsales, DavidV, Nobby, Spencer, UTVLifer

(12-07-2023, 06:13 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I presume it’s the forum swear filter that has starred out his name?
Yes, just tested via preview post. Hopefully the admin can remove this filter now, tweak this thread title, and move posts across.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

*** *******. I'm surprised and also not surprised. Since we are not going to gossip here, I will make the first pres related query. With ********** gone, and I doubt they will be back, who can feasibly take on the role as the 10 O'clock news?

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • UTVLifer
Thread Closed