RIP George Alagiah

Stellar words from Clive Myrie at the end of the report. What a guy.
[-] The following 7 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, Quantum+83, Reith85, Roger Darthwell, TVfan23, UTVLifer

Such devastating news. George was a talented and strong broadcaster who for many years now showed that the BBC had a diverse range of reporters and anchors who not only felt like company, but also informed the nation in a time of great need.

My condolences to their family, and to the whole BBC News team who have the bravery and soul to keep his spirit going.

Very sad, he was by all accounts a lovely man. And, as has already been said many times, on air he was authoritative but warm, a difficult balance he made look easy.

Very sad news. He did a lot for Bowel Cancer awareness so it's worth posting this. Early discovery saves lives

[Image: Symptoms_of_bowel_cancer.png]

Very sad news. An outstanding broadcaster and journalist. May he rest in peace.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, Quantum+83

This is absolutely devastating.
An incredible journalist who will be forever remembered.

R.I.P
[-] The following 3 users Like Bengsy's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, Quantum+83

Hopefully he will meet Bill Turnbull up there somewhere for a catch up.

I obviously did see him much as I only get world. But I know he was a legend. I was watching the beginning of the 7AM ET hour of Verified with Lucy Hockings. You could tell something was up a her eyes were naturally tearful and red. I cannot imagine having to break this news.

May he rest in piece.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rkolsen's post:
  • Rolling News

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but kudos to the admin for using the list of bowel cancer symptoms as the thread's thumbnail. If it saves one person, it's worth doing.

I'm only going to be echoing what others have said, but George was one of the best. He will be sadly missed.
Thoughts are with his family and those who knew him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NickyBoy's post:
  • Quantum+83