ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards

(08-08-2023, 01:17 PM)Jon Wrote:  I think the point here is it’s better if the successor is slowly phased in, rather than there being a big announcement and the papers reporting the next day the show is in crisis as ratings are down by 10 people.

It's no wonder broadcast TV is on the decline if it's that risk averse.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Kim Wexler’s Ponytail

(08-08-2023, 01:17 PM)Jon Wrote:  I think the point here is it’s better if the successor is slowly phased in, rather than there being a big announcement and the papers reporting the next day the show is in crisis as ratings are down by 10 people.
But that's already happening and will continue happening with or without a permanent successor. It's going to be a long time before the tabloids put their knives away and delaying appointing a permanant successor is only going to prolong that imo. 

Tbh I didn't anticipate the tabloids and what's best for them being the biggest concern In all of this.

I guess one justification for holding off might be ITV's own inquiry, especially if that sees Martin Frizzell and other execs leave.

Frankly though three months on out of the heat of the story I struggle to see what an inquiry aims to achieve - had they established a relationship and sacked either employee ITV would almost certainly have found themselves on the losing side of a tribunal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

I wouldn’t blame Martin for calling it quits himself or at least taking a bit of a break with the sad news about Fiona Phillips

(08-08-2023, 02:16 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  But that's already happening and will continue happening with or without a permanent successor. It's going to be a long time before the tabloids put their knives away and delaying appointing a permanant successor is only going to prolong that imo. 

Tbh I didn't anticipate the tabloids and what's best for them being the biggest concern In all of this.
I just think a channel’s presenter choices tend to fair better when someone is eased into the roll rather than being given a big build up. Schofield only got the role because he happened to be in the right chair at the right time and it seemed to work so they stuck with it. The same as Matt Baker and Christine Bleakley on The One Show there are tons of examples and I’d say Colin Murray is one. They choose Anne Robinson because they thought she would draw the biggest audience whereas they’d have been better off just letting Colin Murray run with it once Nick left then announce him as permanent once he was in situ and there were no complaints. It’s literally letting the audience decide rather than picking someone then being forced into an embarrassing climb down if things don’t work out.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • PJamo, Spencer

(08-08-2023, 04:30 PM)Jon Wrote:  Schofield only got the role because he happened to be in the right chair at the right time and it seemed to work so they stuck with it. 

So why can't they just do that now? They didn't unnecessarily drag the process out by having Phil face-off with 4 others on air for the job and there’s no reason to do that now. They've got a handful of reliable names to pick from who are already as established with the shows audience as Phil was then and It can still be done with minimal fanfare. Nobody is asking for a '’big build up'' and, if anything, this September is there last chance to avoid that. Once viewers, and tabloids, notice it's a competition is when it becomes a circus.

(08-08-2023, 03:23 PM)Johnr Wrote:  I wouldn’t blame Martin for calling it quits himself or at least taking a bit of a break with the sad news about Fiona Phillips
You mean her recent Alzheimer's diagnosis?  Sad

The studio was Barbie-ifyed this morning

www.instagram.com ==

(09-08-2023, 05:07 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  The studio was Barbie-ifyed this morning

www.instagram.com ==
That link seems to be broken. All I get is this:

Sorry, this page isn't available.
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

Here's a video from yesterday featuring the pink makeover

youtu.be