ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards

Josie and Alison hosting next week. I guess one advantage of the "team" idea is that at least 6 weeks of Holly's 8 week break have been hosted by the supposed core team.

(11-08-2023, 06:40 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Josie and Alison hosting next week.  I guess one advantage of the "team" idea is that at least 6 weeks of Holly's 8 week break have been hosted by the supposed core team.

I thought Allison was off till September now.

Actually my mistake - misread an article earlier. They actually co-hosted today. Not sure who is on next week.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

(11-08-2023, 07:21 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Actually my mistake - misread an article earlier.  They actually co-hosted today.  Not sure who is on next week.
Yeah they didn't say who was doing next week....

Alison mentioned she'd changed her flight so she could be on today & is instead going on holiday tomorrow, surely they're not that short of people to host?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash101's post:
  • UTVLifer

Steve Jones hosting next Wednesday apparently

Gethin Jones on Morning Live, Steve Jones on This Morning and Alex Jones on The One Show! Talk about 'Keeping up with the Joneses',,,
[-] The following 7 users Like Johnr's post:
  • AJB39, Brekkie, DeMarkay, Happy2001, JamesWorldNews, LouBlu08, UTVLifer

According to The Sun today, This Morning will be getting a "exciting new makeover" in September and ITV execs are putting £250,000 into the relaunch for the show.

Holly will back on 4th September and will be hosting with Alison for the first 2 days.

www.thesun.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • DeMarkay, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

I wonder what colour scheme they'll go for this time!
[-] The following 3 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

(13-08-2023, 02:53 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  I wonder what colour scheme they'll go for this time!
As much as I liked the Teal and Gold colour scheme when it was introduced in 2015's relaunch/revamp, it actually got a bit stale IMO. If they do change the colour scheme, my only hope is it is to a colour scheme that blends well together, like the Loose Women colour scheme. A mixture of blues, etc - as an example.
[-] The following 3 users Like JustJamie's post:
  • DeMarkay, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Not really - it's a core block of ITV's live daytime line up and like breakfast TV means people can drop in on it and it's reach is much better than it's average. And although it has a fluid schedule you roughly know what each part of the show will contain with usually news and human interest interviews in the first hour, the phone in and guests in the second and cookery and either a feature or interview in the last half hour.

Glad it sounds like a refresh is on the cards. I wouldn't be throwing more money at Holly though - she needs them more than the show needs her.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • London Lite, Pips2022

It’s my first time watching for a while, but there appears to be some subtle changes to the programme that I’m wondering if they’re testing for Holly’s return. The ones I’ve noticed include: no full screen menu recap and introduction of a short sting at the end of the menu at the top of the show, more pre recorded pieces including a DIY and John Torode in the kitchen where they used to have people live and talk to them, Dr Zoe explaining the phone in and giving out contact details, promoting ‘on ITV1 & ITVX’ similar to GMB (whereas before they used to be limited to mentioning due to STV), and Kate welcoming viewers back from an ad break on an OB without going to the studio first.

Apologies if these changes have been in place for a while, but it’s the first time I’ve seen.