ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards

I'm guessing no set changes for next week unless they're limited to what they can do in a weekend - although if just changing the furniture that should be possible.

And whilst I think Andi Peters is far better a presenter than just competition slots his This Morning stint seems to be proving me wrong - I generally like Rochelle but not enjoying their partnership.

(28-08-2023, 11:43 AM)fanoftv Wrote:  It’s my first time watching for a while, but there appears to be some subtle changes to the programme that I’m wondering if they’re testing for Holly’s return. The ones I’ve noticed include: no full screen menu recap and introduction of a short sting at the end of the menu at the top of the show, more pre recorded pieces including a DIY and John Torode in the kitchen where they used to have people live and talk to them, Dr  Zoe explaining the phone in and giving out contact details, promoting ‘on ITV1 & ITVX’ similar to GMB (whereas before they used to be limited to mentioning due to STV), and Kate welcoming viewers back from an ad break on an OB without going to the studio first.

Apologies if these changes have been in place for a while, but it’s the first time I’ve seen.

I have it on during the background when working from home a few times a week - but haven't watched today.

Cannot say I noticed any changes like that last week. Could it be because of the bank holiday? Were the pre-recorded bits to limit the number of people they paid to come in today?

Edit - just watched the opening of the show from today. That is different to what they’ve done recently. The sting did appear last week, as Rochelle joked that she hadn’t heard it before. But that’s the first time I haven’t seen them do a menu recap
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash101's post:
  • UTVLifer

Looks like they subtly been introduced since Friday, as I took a look myself.

I imagine they'll probably be more graphic tweaks this week - and/or possible set changes (or new set) being unveiled in next week's revamped new series.

The last time they revamped the show in September 2015, they went outside on the Southbank for several days - while set changes took place. (I remember that well, when a decorative tree fell on Ruth's head during a phone-in)

I wonder is there anywhere they could decamp to should they need to redo the studio - the other studio in TVC they aren't hiring possibly?

(28-08-2023, 05:36 PM)what Wrote:  I wonder is there anywhere they could decamp to should they need to redo the studio - the other studio in TVC they aren't hiring possibly?

At a guess I’d say either Versa Studios or LH2 in Acton, or Garden Studios in Harlesden.

There's also a rooftop studio near/at TVC that they use sometimes for interviews:
www.youtube.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

I do hope they have taken this opportunity to revamp the studio set - they moved into TC3 at Television Centre in 2018, and so after five years, this would be the perfect opportunity to have a fresh new look to it.

(28-08-2023, 06:15 PM)Josh Wrote:  There's also a rooftop studio near/at TVC that they use sometimes for interviews:
www.youtube.com 

Yep, it’s called The Broadcaster and it’s a bar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeMarkay's post:
  • Jayesyn

And inside it has been used for Ch5 Gadget show ( on “4K”TVs)
www.thebroadcaster.co.uk 

(28-08-2023, 06:15 PM)Josh Wrote:  There's also a rooftop studio near/at TVC that they use sometimes for interviews:
www.youtube.com 

I think they used that last year when they filmed the Christmas Day edition/dressed the set to film.

As for the set, never underestimate what they can do, look at the changes for Halloween last year for it to be back to normal the next day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fanoftv's post:
  • UTVLifer