ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards

The opening garden makeover piece with David Domoney has been chopped to pieces on ITVX - anybody know why this is?

People on Twitter have called him patronising.

(20-03-2024, 05:51 PM)Trafford Wharf Road Wrote:  The opening garden makeover piece with David Domoney has been chopped to pieces on ITVX - anybody know why this is?

The woman whose garden it was had a sign on the front of her house saying not only her house number but the name of the road too, like "123 Trafford Wharf Road" (but not that, obviously). Every time that sign was in shot (twice in the first hit), it was removed from ITVX, really badly.

If ITVX are going to edit things, and perhaps there is a good arguement for doing so here, they should really be able to do a better job. A blur over the sign would have been fine.

Currently they seem only able to cut whole chunks out.

Another reason to watch/record the broadcast channel and not rely on the broadcaster making it available later.

Or live in Scotland, that segment is complete on STV Player.

(20-03-2024, 05:51 PM)Trafford Wharf Road Wrote:  People on Twitter have called him patronising.

He did to touch her arm qwith his green fingers quite a lot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • Trafford Wharf Road

(20-03-2024, 05:51 PM)Trafford Wharf Road Wrote:  The opening garden makeover piece with David Domoney has been chopped to pieces on ITVX - anybody know why this is?

People on Twitter have called him patronising.

That looks like it's due to the home owner's address being in full view as the road name is on the same sign as their house number.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RJLD24's post:
  • Trafford Wharf Road

I’n actually loving Ben and Cat together- it feels like the show’s in good hands again rather than it feeling like the B-Team have been in charge for a year.

I love how casual (and stylish at the same time!) Cat is clothes-wise as well compared to Holly’s fancy dresses- style icon.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gary Baldy's post:
  • Toby brown, UTVLifer

I am warming to Cat but would say as a pair Ben and Cat feel very much like the C-team. The show is so dry now and I'm putting that on Ben rather than Cat. The difference in energy cutting to Craig on location today shows what is missing.

Ben always worked well with Holly on the few occasions they worked together but he's just not clicking with Cat for me yet. She's loosened up and relaxed into the role quite quickly but Ben comes across a bit more uptight and on edge, taking it all a bit too seriously.

(21-03-2024, 11:51 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Ben always worked well with Holly on the few occasions they worked together but he's just not clicking with Cat for me yet. She's loosened up and relaxed into the role quite quickly but Ben comes across a bit more uptight and on edge, taking it all a bit too seriously.

I think the chemistry between a new pair is always going to take time. If we remember how much of a car crash Alison and Dermot's first few shows were compared to what they're like now, I'm hoping for the same with at and Ben.
[-] The following 5 users Like PERMOTIO's post:
  • Brekkie, callumwatchestelly, DeMarkay, PJamo, UTVLifer

(21-03-2024, 11:08 AM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I’n actually loving Ben and Cat together- it feels like the show’s in good hands again rather than it feeling like the B-Team have been in charge for a year.

I love how casual (and stylish at the same time!) Cat is clothes-wise as well compared to Holly’s fancy dresses- style icon.

The outfits are not cheap but that was true even in the Holly and Phil days.

Has This Morning always had sponsored segments? I noticed it for the food segment the other day and that must bring in a bit of dosh alongside the regular sponsor of SharkNinja.

(21-03-2024, 03:16 PM)XIII Wrote:  The outfits are not cheap but that was true even in the Holly and Phil days.

Has This Morning always had sponsored segments? I noticed it for the food segment the other day and that must bring in a bit of dosh alongside the regular sponsor of SharkNinja.

Pretty sure they’ve sponsored the food one for quite a while (although I find the current food sponsor of porridge a little strange!)

They’re advertising for a fashion sponsor at the moment too

Do wonder how much some of the on location stuff is sponsored content too - i.e. being at Battersea Power Station and specifically Boots today). Always felt the PP logo should come with an obligation to flag those paying for inclusion in the credits, but of course Loose Women is the only live daytime show that gets any credits.

(21-03-2024, 04:17 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Do wonder how much some of the on location stuff is sponsored content too - i.e. being at Battersea Power Station and specifically Boots today). Always felt the PP logo should come with an obligation to flag those paying for inclusion in the credits, but of course Loose Women is the only live daytime show that gets any credits.

Battersea Power Station wouldn't be PP though. The show occasionally goes across the road to Westfield for a segment but that isn't PP.