BBC Sport

Maybe they will backtrack. John Motson, Des Lynam & Mark Lawrenson have all voiced their disapproval.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Tonight's Match of the Day starting with what felt like a swipe at those criticising the cancellation of the classified results on 5 Live.

www.youtube.com 

Up until Lineker's (sarcastic?) comment, I thought that made for a reasonable opening to the programme - not that I'm a watcher of MOTD. Liven the delivery and make it a little pacier (without the parody dullness) and it could actually work.

[Image: tig96x96.png]

As flagged over on Clean Feed's Twitter, BBC Two Northern Ireland is showing Europa Conference League football this evening.

Old BBC Sport graphics package in use - complete with old BBC blocks:

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

I'm sure they'll be English regions still using the old graphics for sport, things just take time.

And for the record, tonight's coverage of Hearts v FC Zurich on BBC Scotland also used the old graphics package:

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

And BBC Wales succeed in using the new graphics...
up.metropol247.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • Clean Feed

An outing of the lovely Olympics 2012 theme during the London Marathon coverage just now.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josh's post:
  • chrisherald

(02-10-2022, 12:38 PM)Josh Wrote:  An outing of the lovely Olympics 2012 theme during the London Marathon coverage just now.

And the full version of the Grandstand theme.
[-] The following 2 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • chrisherald, Josh

(02-10-2022, 12:45 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  
(02-10-2022, 12:38 PM)Josh Wrote:  An outing of the lovely Olympics 2012 theme during the London Marathon coverage just now.

And the full version of the Grandstand theme.

The middle eight used to be edited out even when used as background music in the London Marathon coverage - is it being used this year? Presumably it is, given you say ‘full. I must track down these bits on iPlayer - I have to say that the music beds being used is a lovely innovation (mind you, it’s probably been the case for a number of years now!). And The Trap is one of my theme tunes of the year each year!