BBC Sport

I could be wrong, but I think The Trap went out in mono on the opening sequence. Surely stereo recordings exist!

(02-10-2022, 02:32 PM)madmusician Wrote:  
(02-10-2022, 12:45 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  
(02-10-2022, 12:38 PM)Josh Wrote:  An outing of the lovely Olympics 2012 theme during the London Marathon coverage just now.

And the full version of the Grandstand theme.

The middle eight used to be edited out even when used as background music in the London Marathon coverage - is it being used this year? Presumably it is, given you say ‘full. I must track down these bits on iPlayer - I have to say that the music beds being used is a lovely innovation (mind you, it’s probably been the case for a number of years now!). And The Trap is one of my theme tunes of the year each year!
Had it on here in the background. Actually was curious if they'd play the middle section - and they did.

Noticed this before but the BBC logo on the Wheelchair Rugby on BBC TWO is a pixilated mess?  How can that happen?

A new Instagram Reel layout on BBC Sport (via BBC News) - a yellow bar on the side like the red one in News, compared to their usual bare logo. The symbol's position is slightly off under this layout.
www.instagram.com =

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

Quote:The BBC sports broadcaster Jennie Gow has said she is recovering from a serious stroke.

The 45-year-old, who covers Formula 1 for Radio 5 Live, wrote on social media that she had been treated at hospitals in London and Surrey, and her recovery "might take some time".

Ms Gow said the stroke two weeks ago had affected her speech.

BBC News
[-] The following 3 users Like Dadeki's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, lepeterrr

Was at MediaCity yesterday and had a look into the new BBC Sport/Breakfast studio:

i.imgur.com 

Couldn't really get a closer photo but it's based on NBH Studio B (this is the catwalk) with a Studio E flair (there's a window that looks out into the newsroom). Lots of monoliths in the newsroom with the yellow Sport gradient on them.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 12 users Like Josh's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, chrisherald, Former Member 406, Frances, Gordonthegopher, interestednovice, James, Jayesyn, JosiahStuart, LDN, UTVLifer

I imagine the BBC will putting Michael Vaughan front and centre of their coverage now he has been cleared of Racism? Any other option feels like a incredibly risky move.

(31-03-2023, 10:18 AM)Newshound47 Wrote:  I imagine the BBC will putting Michael Vaughan front and centre of their coverage now he has been cleared of Racism? Any other option feels like a incredibly risky move.

Not so sure about that; his contract with the BBC actually expired last year, so they may not ask him back, which will save them a lot of hassle.

What it would mean, is the weakening of the BBC cricket team in a massive summer; a team that will be weakened further when Isa Guha (definitely) and Alison Mitchell (probably) will miss the Third Test due to Wimbledon commitments.

(31-03-2023, 10:18 AM)Newshound47 Wrote:  I imagine the BBC will putting Michael Vaughan front and centre of their coverage now he has been cleared of Racism? Any other option feels like a incredibly risky move.

Not proven rather than not guilty, so not quite a clear cut decision.    Frankly the reliance now for ex-players as pundits/commentators across all sports somewhats limits their career anyway as there are always more recent and more relevant ex-players coming through to take their spots.

Not sure if the temporary fault slide in the new style has been seen that often but it has just popped on the live triathlon from Japan. It's a bit rudimentary, and unlike its predecessor, the background doesn't animate (i.e. the gradient remains static).

[Image: TVLF%20219.jpg]