BBC Sport

(02-05-2024, 09:07 PM)SuperSajuuk Wrote:  This is pretty normal for the one table set up in the World Champs, as they're basically filling a tiny gap where a walkway for players on Table One used to be. Since this set-up only exists for 5 days per season, it can look like its getting smaller each season, but its just the trick of the camera Big Grin

Thanks, I think I'm also mentally picturing their studio inside the arena at the Masters, whch is far bigger than this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • SuperSajuuk

Next Saturday has Match of the Day starting at the earlier time than normal of 22:00 on BBC Two due to Eurovision. This is except for Wales, whose live women's world title boxing live on BBC Two Wales 21:00-23:00, with MOTD on an hour delay. BBC Two Wales drops the film before MOTD to air Friday's Gardener's World and the boxing, with Disco at the BBC at midnight also dropped as Wales rejoins network's schedule at 01:00.

There's also a brief preview of the boxing at 19:00 on Friday on BBC Two Wales and at 16:15 on BBC One Wales on Saturday. The Friday is filler before Scrum V Live starts at 19:15, whilst Saturday has another MOTD Wales Classic repeat beforehand.

The ever busy Catrin Heledd is scheduled to present the boxing. Jason Mohammad was the last presenter of boxing from BBC Wales, though he will be in Salford for Final Score/Radio 2. As noted elsewhere, Seema Jaswal never did appear on the snooker, with Catrin Heledd presenting the final semi-final session this evening. Hope everything is okay for Seema, she hasn't covered any football since the last England women's football international either. I'm pleased for Catrin to get more national exposure after enjoying her work across Welsh sport. Will be interesting if she does anything outside of snooker in the future, apart from when she stayed beyond Wales' elimination at the Qatar World Cup.

www.bbc.co.uk 

The first cricket of the year on BBC TV next Saturday with live women's T20 international action on BBC Two. The second T20I's highlights is only scheduled to be on the Red Button at present, so another year of significantly lesser women's coverage compared to the men's once again.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • lookoutwales

Read a Welsh article Catrin filed for BBC Cymru Fyw about her time at the Crucible (along with the thorny issue of whether the championship should stay there)

Doesn’t give anything away about being called up to the team in Seema’s absence, alas.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • RhysJR

A very healthy 3.3 million peak, 2.5 million average for the World Snooker Championship final last night.

Down a little on last year’s final (2.7m average, 3.6m peak)

But still great going considering it wasn’t a classic Crucible tournament - and hardly one of the great finals, either, despite Jones’ clawing back from being 7-0 down towards the end of the first session.

x.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • bkman1990, Bungo Bill, Reith85, RhysJR, SuperSajuuk

No in-vision presentation again last night for the Super League coverage on BBC3. Coverage seems to have taken a step back from what was offered on C4.

The final Match of the Day 2 of the season was presented from Old Trafford this evening. Though presenting onsite is the usual practice for Sundays with only one game, I'm a bit surprised this did occur on the final edition of the season. I don't think 2 Good 2 Bad happens when the show is onsite usually, but it did today. Also, pundits Martin Keown and Shay Given were shown in the stand during the live coverage of the match earlier in the day.

I think today's Women's FA Cup coverage was the first BBC football output hosted by Gabby Logan this season. Per the ICDB website, her only football work since the Women's World Cup final has been four games for Amazon. Not sure why exactly this has been the case, but maybe the main host for the rest of this season, Alex Scott wasn't available today. Here's hoping Gabby is involved in the Euros in some cappacity, though with the European Athletics Championships and the Olympic almost bookending the tournament, she may not neccesarily appear.

Enjoyed the BBC Sport Wales boxing coverage yesterday. They showed two fights in the end, the main event between Price and McCaskill, and the last fight before that, which they joined almost immediately after coming on air at 9pm. I was surprised the BBC coverage used its own graphics on the fights themselves; I'm not sure how much use the BBC Sport boxing graphics below have been used, but they look nice enough. My main complaint would be that the names are just there, rather than having any colour indicator as is standard practice on other broadcasters; plus the BBC logo is a bit pointless there, but a common feature across most BBC Sport output.

BBC Wales was namechecked by the MC, along with Sky Sports and Peacock, with Sky Sports branding on the ring and the replay wipes being in the Sky style the only obvious indicators for a BBC audience that this wasn't exclusive. With Price's success, hopefully this arrangement won't be a one-off.

x.com 

(13-05-2024, 12:01 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  I think today's Women's FA Cup coverage was the first BBC football output hosted by Gabby Logan this season. Per the ICDB website, her only football work since the Women's World Cup final has been four games for Amazon. Not sure why exactly this has been the case, but maybe the main host for the rest of this season, Alex Scott wasn't available today. Here's hoping Gabby is involved in the Euros in some cappacity, though with the European Athletics Championships and the Olympic almost bookending the tournament, she may not neccesarily appear.
Presumably she hosted more due it being a flagship womens event rather than the availability of Alex - and Gabby herself has largely been tied up with both Six Nations tournaments for the last few months.

I've no doubt she'll be involved in some capacity at the Euros - the European Athletics Championships in Olympic year are a minor event compared to the mid-cycle championships and often just on the red button/iPlayer anyway. I wouldn't be hugely surprised if Gabby or Alex get the Champions League highlights gig, although Gabby may be the Amazon presenter which would rule her out.

As we've discussed previously would like to see her do more than just the athletics at the Paris games as she's a great all rounder. If Clare is at the swimming having Gabby take that studio role in week one would make sense but if that's not the case using Gabby on location in week one for either the rugby sevens or gymnastics would make sense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • RhysJR

One of the true veterans of BBC Sport, Rob Bonnet, is retiring this summer following the Olympic Games.

www.bbc.com 

Radio Norfolk’s Paul Hayes put together this tribute focusing on his years working in Norwich.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • leewilliams, Reith85, RhysJR

BBC Sport confirmed as FTA partners for The FA Cup from 2025-26.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • Reith85

Nothing in this about first pick or second pick, Think the FA know the have messed up this deal which is why they are being quiet about that. This season TNT would have got Manchester United V Liverpool and Manchester City V Newcastle leaving BBC with the scraps of Wolverhampton V Coventry and Chelsea V Leicester.