BBC Sport

I thought Barbara Slater had already finished but the Telegraph say she is weeks away from retirement.

Gary Lineker is scheduled to host Match of the Day 2 this weekend. I know Manchester Cty v. Arsenal is a big match, but very rare to see Gary host on Sunday, if it has ever happened before.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Jason Mohammad is scheduled to host the Satirday edition. Mark Chapman is absent from Radio 5 Live on Saturday as well, so I'm guessing he's unavailable all week, and they want one of their top presenters to host the crucial MOTD2.

www.bbc.co.uk 

(25-03-2024, 05:54 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  Gary Lineker is scheduled to host Match of the Day 2 this weekend. I know Manchester Cty v. Arsenal is a big match, but very rare to see Gary host on Sunday, if it has ever happened before.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Jason Mohammad is scheduled to host the Satirday edition. Mark Chapman is absent from Radio 5 Live on Saturday as well, so I'm guessing he's unavailable all week, and they want one of their top presenters to host the crucial MOTD2.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Lineker was a stand in back in the Adrian Chiles days not that Chiles often missed it, when Colin Murray took over it seemed to be Chappers or Jake Humphrey as the stand in.
[-] The following 2 users Like NI92's post:
  • bkman1990, RhysJR

(25-03-2024, 05:54 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  Gary Lineker is scheduled to host Match of the Day 2 this weekend. I know Manchester Cty v. Arsenal is a big match, but very rare to see Gary host on Sunday, if it has ever happened before.

www.bbc.co.uk 

www.bbc.co.uk 

100% Chappers is out all this week; Alastair Bruce-Ball hosted the Monday Night Club on 5 Live this evening.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scratch_Perry's post:
  • bkman1990, RhysJR

(26-03-2024, 12:49 AM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  100% Chappers is out all this week; Alastair Bruce-Ball hosted the Monday Night Club on 5 Live this evening.

That might be down to him winning the Presenter of the Year Award at the Sport Journalism Awards this evening. Gabby Logan says that he should be recording their podcast in the morning.

x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • bkman1990, Scratch_Perry

Looks like there is a new look to live pages on the BBC Sport website.

www.bbc.co.uk 

www.bbc.co.uk 

(17-03-2024, 12:33 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Has Alex Scott hosted MOTD yet - surprised she didn't get the nod tonight.

Rather Nostradamus-esque that Alex Scott is presenting Match of the Day tonight. She will only be on screen for 30 seconds so they can fit in everything that happened today!

Interesting editorial decision for Match of the Day 2 tonight. Do they show the two matches in chronological order (with the result in the first having a direct impact on the league positions of the second), or show the biggest match in Manchester City v. Arsenal first?

(31-03-2024, 04:11 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Interesting editorial decision for Match of the Day 2 tonight. Do they show the two matches in chronological order (with the result in the first having a direct impact on the league positions of the second), or show the biggest match in Manchester City v. Arsenal first?
I wonder if they’re at the ground tonight? Showing the biggest game second would make more sense in that case.

If they record before and after the main match they could even link the analysis with the first match with build up to the second.

(31-03-2024, 04:11 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Interesting editorial decision for Match of the Day 2 tonight. Do they show the two matches in chronological order (with the result in the first having a direct impact on the league positions of the second), or show the biggest match in Manchester City v. Arsenal first?

I think the entertainment value of the matches should mean Man City v. Arsenal goes after 2 Good 2 Bad.