The Media Question Amnesty Thread

(29-02-2024, 01:17 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Didn't Get Fresh and Ghost Train have it as well? I think they were produced by the region it was made in on a particular week (though Tyne Tees organised it all).
No, but they were preceeded with a Children's ITV ident

youtu.be 

Although here on TVS there were some cartoons before Get Fresh and they were 'Children's ITV Presents'

youtu.be 

(29-02-2024, 12:15 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  The BBC used 'BBC presents' or 'BBC TV presents' for big sports events such as this title sequence from the 1982 Commonwealth Games:
www.youtube.com 

That was a popular piece of library music back in the early 80s, wasn't it?

tvark.org 

tvark.org 

(29-02-2024, 04:14 PM)Spencer Wrote:  That was a popular piece of library music back in the early 80s, wasn't it?

tvark.org 
tvark.org 

Sports Fever 1 from the Bruton library, by Richard Hill - on the Will to Win album.

(29-02-2024, 12:15 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  The BBC used 'BBC presents' or 'BBC TV presents' for big sports events such as this title sequence from the 1982 Commonwealth Games:
www.youtube.com 

or any big event really, and as late as 1998
www.youtube.com 

TV geek pub quiz question of the day.... what do Frank Spencer, Tony Hancock and The Eurovision Song Contest have in common?

(02-03-2024, 09:10 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  TV geek pub quiz question of the day.... what do Frank Spencer, Tony Hancock and The Eurovision Song Contest have in common?

David Jacobs has been on them all.

I expected the answer to be Ronnie Hazelhurst but he didn't do the Hancock theme.

The two screenshots of sitcoms with BBC TV Presents in the opening titles that you posted upthread are Some Mothers Do 'ave 'em and Hancock's Half Hour, so I assume that's the link?
pres.cafe 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Stooky Bill

(02-03-2024, 11:46 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I expected the answer to be Ronnie Hazelhurst but he didn't do the Hancock theme.

The two screenshots of sitcoms with BBC TV Presents in the opening titles that you posted upthread are Some Mothers Do 'ave 'em and Hancock's Half Hour, so I assume that's the link?
pres.cafe 
Yes, sorry I hasn't made that clear and only realised after the edit time had expired. It's to do with the discussion about' ITV/BBC presents'

I know there may not be many privy to this but is there a reason most TV channels don't often venture into advertising outside their own services? I really feel like well co-ordinated OOH campaigns could help in the fight back against American streamers.

Is that really true? I can think of many previous BBC, ITV and Channel 4 billboards in the past; I saw a full-pager from Channel 4 in the Metro this week; and I've been getting pre-roll ads from the BBC on YouTube.

(It occurs to me that the massive digital screen on the side of Westfield that's been running ITV ads lately is in full view of their headquarters, so might be one of those ones where they're just advertising to themselves)
[-] The following 4 users Like thegeek's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, Transmission, UTVLifer

(03-03-2024, 12:31 PM)thegeek Wrote:  Is that really true? I can think of many previous BBC, ITV and Channel 4 billboards in the past; I saw a full-pager from Channel 4 in the Metro this week; and I've been getting pre-roll ads from the BBC on YouTube.

(It occurs to me that the massive digital screen on the side of Westfield that's been running ITV ads lately is in full view of their headquarters, so might be one of those ones where they're just advertising to themselves)

Might just be on account of where I live. South Wales is full of empty billboards, and digital screens wasting god knows how much energy to show "advertise here" all day long.