I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023

This starts tonight then? Is there much of a buzz about it?

I don't know, I wish ITV would stay away from divisive political figures, kind of takes some of the fun out of it.
[-] The following 3 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, LouBlu08, Spencer

(19-11-2023, 05:11 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  This starts tonight then?  Is there much of a buzz about it?

I don't know, I wish ITV would stay away from divisive political figures, kind of takes some of the fun out of it.
Only weren’t the ratings up last year due to Hancock?

I think that’s partly what reality TV is about though, it’ll be interesting to see whether those other contestants who would be ideologically opposed to many of his views points will warm to him. 

Matt Hancock is a bit like Piers Morgan in that no one on either side of the political fence really likes him, but Farage will have his supporters and those voting for him if he seems to be entertaining.  You’d also expect Farage would get all the early bush tucker trials, as those who hate him will want to see him doing them.

Apart from Farage, I think the line up seems pretty week though.

(19-11-2023, 05:11 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  This starts tonight then?  Is there much of a buzz about it?

If this is going to become a yearly thing of ITV relying on controversial political celebrities for ratings - give it the chop already.
[-] The following 2 users Like callumwatchestelly's post:
  • LouBlu08, Reith85

GB News have been hyping it up the last few days which isnt a surprise I guess

To me it's tired Ant and Dec in a Big Brother format
[-] The following 2 users Like StreamingTV's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Reith85

I don't know whether it's just my Twitter feed but I'm seeing a lot more hostility towards ITV and Ant & Dec this year compared to when Hancock was announced last year, with a lot of talk about boycotting the series. No idea if it's just a loud minority, but I do feel like ITV are playing with fire a little bit this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • fanoftv, Spencer

(19-11-2023, 06:28 PM)TJTSW Wrote:  GB News have been hyping it up the last few days which isnt a surprise I guess
That should add 15 viewers.

I usually watch, but I'm not this year thanks to a certain person being in there.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, GMc

(19-11-2023, 09:23 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I usually watch, but I'm not this year thanks to a certain person being in there.

I've never watched it. For me it's television of the lowest common denominator. Surely ITV can put something better on Sunday nights

(Yes its a controversial view and I know it will get a large audience but that's how I feel)
[-] The following 2 users Like Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • Reith85, TJTSW

Looks like Extra Camp is on GBNews this year.

Of course, the people on air will have been on air since 21:00 so they won't have actually had the chance to watch the ITV1 programme.

It's good that they haven't let that stop them commenting on it though.