Pres that scares

For some reason, I used to find the Mastermind theme music and the images of the black chair quite spooky when I was a kid. Also, it was shown on a Sunday night then and always meant it was time for bed and back to school the next day!

youtu.be 

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…

What a coincidence, a few weeks ago, on the French side of Twitter, some people were talking about which TV show intros used to scare them. Oddly enough, lots were Antenne 2 programmes:

This infamous news intro circa 1975, with a design drawn by illustrator Jean-Michel Folon:

The opening sequence of Résistances, a magazine about human rights across the globe, with a set looking like a gloomy prison cell and its recitation of the first articles of the Human Rights Declaration:

odysee.com 

Last but not least, the chilling tune by Morton Gould for Les Dossiers de l’Écran, a programme consisting of a movie or report, followed by a debate. My mother told me that she always felt very scared by this intro music when she was a child:

medias.lenodal.com 

I wasn't born when any of these were on air. However, my personal scare from a TV show opening (doubled with irritation) is this horrendous jingle the last version of i>Télé used to use in case of breaking news. Yes, it's literally the sound of an air raid siren.

am french donkey, heehaw
[-] The following 3 users Like Morganeko's post:
  • chrisherald, Roger Darthwell, Stuart

When I saw this thread I immediately thought of VPRO's perculiar presentation...
youtu.be 

(19-09-2023, 12:26 PM)Morganeko Wrote:  What a coincidence, a few weeks ago, on the French side of Twitter, some people were talking about which TV show intros used to scare them. Oddly enough, lots were Antenne 2 programmes:

This infamous news intro circa 1975, with a design drawn by illustrator Jean-Michel Folon:

The opening sequence of Résistances, a magazine about human rights across the globe, with a set looking like a gloomy prison cell and its recitation of the first articles of the Human Rights Declaration:

odysee.com 

Last but not least, the chilling tune by Morton Gould for Les Dossiers de l’Écran, a programme consisting of a movie or report, followed by a debate. My mother told me that she always felt very scared by this intro music when she was a child:

medias.lenodal.com 

I wasn't born when any of these were on air. However, my personal scare from a TV show opening (doubled with irritation) is this horrendous jingle the last version of i>Télé used to use in case of breaking news. Yes, it's literally the sound of an air raid siren.

Kinda makes sense when this is a country that has an anthem that's just a call to the battlefield.

"Please stand by for further details, as we return you now to your regularly scheduled program. Hopefully."

I remember Applemask shared this on his 2012 Christmas Wrapping edition. Westward Television's Christmas startup. Quite frankly, this is horrifying.
youtu.be 

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Blubatt's post:
  • fusionlad, insert_good_username_here, Steve in Pudsey