An Audience with...

An Audience with Kylie has been announced, to air in December!

x.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • fanoftv, Happy2001, lookoutwales, LouBlu08, PWD, Quantum+83

Now that is An Audience With I certainly would enjoy - upbeat, good mood, and fun music - hope they will have more comedians and other actors in An Audience With, and not just relegate it to music stars
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • AJB39, UTVLifer

Not her first 'Audience With' either - there was one that went out in October 2001.

(29-08-2023, 05:09 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Not her first 'Audience With' either - there was one that went out in October 2001.

Well maybe they can brand it like all the Ken Dodd sequels and call it Another Audience with Kylie

I doubt ITV will want to be seen flogging something that's been done before (years back it didn't matter because viewing figures were healthy), so will probably just call it An Audience with Kylie. Not the first time this has happened - Joan Rivers in 2006 didn't have 'another' in the title despite it being her second time.

I've seen some moaning they should be inviting comedians instead but I struggle really to see who given the current crop of comedians tend to work for everyone except ITV. John Bishop perhaps the closest to being an ITV facealong with Joel Dommett (though probably considered a presenter more than comedian nowadays) but can't say either would particularly have the pull for An Audience with...

Peter Kay is perhaps the someone who has the cross generational appeal that might work for ITV - but not many more I can think of.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • WhoOdyssey

The 'Audience With' brand seemed to get a revamp with the Adele concert which swapped out the TV studio for the Palladium and was actually more like a concert.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it works going forward. It's probably now only a brand for big music acts as is the case with Kylie at the Royal Albert Hall.

I can't see it working for anything else.

(04-09-2023, 04:22 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I've seen some moaning they should be inviting comedians instead but I struggle really to see who given the current crop of comedians tend to work for everyone except ITV.  John Bishop perhaps the closest to being an ITV facealong with Joel Dommett (though probably considered a presenter more than comedian nowadays) but can't say either would particularly have the pull for An Audience with...   

Peter Kay is perhaps the someone who has the cross generational appeal that might work for ITV - but not many more I can think of.

I think the only way it would work with a comedian is if they’ve already toured the material and monetised it in every way possible (would have been a DVD in the past)

They wouldn’t waste an hour of brand new stand up on a TV programme these days

Well not for what ITV would pay. Netflix on the other hand...

The thing about the An Audience With programmes is that whilst clearly scripted I always found the “audience questions” to be fascinating/enjoyable
[-] The following 2 users Like yogibarney's post:
  • Brekkie, fanoftv