BBC One Autumn Schedule 2023

BBC1 schedule for Sat 23rd Sept;

5.30 Picture Slam
6.15 Strictly
8.35 The Wheel
9.35 Blankety Blank

So The Wheel moved from the pre-Strictly slot which is fair enough because Picture Slam seems second tier and too light. BB now later and where I Can See Your Voice was (and which didn't do well there) but BB won't be as heavy going for that time of night. I would say its only problem is following 4+ hours of entertainment so people may be looking for something different, a Casualty perhaps.
[-] The following 2 users Like tellyblues's post:
  • Brekkie, WhoOdyssey

(10-09-2023, 11:59 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  BBC1 schedule for Sat 23rd Sept;

5.30 Picture Slam
6.15 Strictly
8.35 The Wheel
9.35 Blankety Blank

So The Wheel moved from the pre-Strictly slot which is fair enough because Picture Slam seems second tier and too light. BB now later and where I Can See Your Voice was (and which didn't do well there) but BB won't be as heavy going for that time of night. I would say its only problem is following 4+ hours of entertainment so people may be looking for something different, a Casualty perhaps.
I never get why they cram a lot of their big hitters into Q4 instead of spreading them through the year. BB could go in a much more suitable slot if they held off until say, February, when it’ll be back to Pointless Celebrities and Casualty.
[-] The following 1 user Likes iloveTV1's post:
  • Brekkie

It makes little sense. That said with this line up I'd switch The Wheel to 6.15 and have Strictly at 7.15.

Both The Wheel and Blankety Blank usually turn up a bit later in the autumn so guessing Gladiators will launch around November once Strictly is an hour shorter and continue into the New Year. Is there another run of Michael McIntyres' Big Show before Christmas?

I think Big Show will air after Christmas again as it did this year. The Wheel did air pre-Strictly last year but I do think it was a bit too early last year as it was airing at around 5.30pm on some occasions.

Based on the trailer Picture Slam is certainly ‘say what you see’ looking at the set design!

I do wonder where they are going to fit Gladiators into this Saturday night line up, as that is meant to be in Autumn as well

(11-09-2023, 08:29 PM)MajesticBass Wrote:  I do wonder where they are going to fit Gladiators into this Saturday night line up, as that is meant to be in Autumn as well
I presume it’ll replace The Wheel and/or Blankety Blank at some point? 

I don’t think the whole series is going to air this year, as I think I read somewhere (was it here?) that Brad said winner of Gladiators 2024 during the final.

(11-09-2023, 08:43 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  I presume it’ll replace The Wheel and/or Blankety Blank at some point? 

I don’t think the whole series is going to air this year, as I think I read somewhere (was it here?) that Brad said winner of Gladiators 2024 during the final.
Possibly start off at Christmas time during the Christmas week? And then head straight into January with a weekly run seems to be the best option for them, especially during the "Christmas Limbo" week could do with some new entertainment in it, instead of movies and repeats.

(11-09-2023, 09:13 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Possibly start off at Christmas time during the Christmas week? And then head straight into January with a weekly run seems to be the best option for them, especially during the "Christmas Limbo" week could do with some new entertainment in it, instead of movies and repeats.

Surely they’ll want to start it with a few Strictly leads in? I’m thinking similar to That’s My Jam last year?

Plus The Wheel didn’t start till late October last year, so they have clearly shifted it up for a reason.

(11-09-2023, 11:33 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Surely they’ll want to start it with a few Strictly leads in? I’m thinking similar to That’s My Jam last year?

Plus The Wheel didn’t start till late October last year, so they have clearly shifted it up for a reason.
Yeah, they need to fit the three Doctor Who episodes in, and as already mentioned, Gladiators. And this week's schedule doesn't even include Casualty, so something already needs moving unless it's ending this week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • UTVLifer