Just a reminder that this is Bianca's final week on CNN. She did Newsroom and CTW today. Again, such a shame to lose her, unique talent and on air presence.

I wonder if CNN London will hire someone new. This leaves only Max, Isa and Amanpour as presenters there, for 3 shows they currently air. Not sure if they even need anyone anymore.....
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • EastCoast, Jeff, Michael 18, oscillon

(19-03-2024, 07:37 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Just a reminder that this is Bianca's final week on CNN. She did Newsroom and CTW today. Again, such a shame to lose her, unique talent and on air presence.

I wonder if CNN London will hire someone new. This leaves only Max, Isa and Amanpour as presenters there, for 3 shows they currently air. Not sure if they even need anyone anymore.....

Christina Macfarlane tends to fill in when needed too but she's currently on maternity leave. Probably goes without saying but I doubt Max Foster is going to have a new co-anchor once Bianca's gone, it'd be a pleasant surprise though. More often than not though, someone at Atlanta or NYC seems to be able to cover if needed.

It is a shame that there likely won't be a new co-anchor, especially since that hour isn't broadcast on domestic anymore. I guess this is what happens when you give a top tier anchor a primetime show, cancel it twice and then pair them up for a one-hour show at 9am local time. If CNN would've made a proper European breakfast show around Max and Bianca things might have worked out differently.

It's funny how CNN International was supposed to decamp to London as the channel's headquarters. Instead Atlanta is on the air for 5.5 hours, New York for 4(+4.5), London only 3.75, Abu Dhabi for 1.75, and DC for 1(+3.5).
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • ginnyfan

Showing how much I pay attention to parts of CNN, the US version now does reruns of Outfront, The Lead (Except on Wednesdays when King Charles shows up) , The Situation Room , and two Anderson Cooper runs. Instead of The Source, NewsNight and Laura Coates Live, the prime time shows traditionally being rerun. Guess it fits where daytime cable news seems to be doing better in ratings now, is interesting.

I got that part about daytime from this : www.nytimes.com 

(19-03-2024, 01:14 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  Sure, but seems like the pool of people who have access to CNN but NOT to HBO or Max wouldn’t be that big.

Maybe I’m wrong.

Personally, I’d rather see original to CNN programming and not rebroadcasting of a stale show from another network.

That recent political scandals show hosted by Jake Tapper was quite good, for example.
Surprised they don't just run docs or even rerun The Amanpour Hour or the Chris Wallace Show, they are taped anyway, might as well rerun them. Someone at CNN is big on Maher and wants to try him again. I give it a few weeks then they'll give up again.

(19-03-2024, 07:37 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Just a reminder that this is Bianca's final week on CNN. She did Newsroom and CTW today. Again, such a shame to lose her, unique talent and on air presence.

Interesting how I don't think I've heard CNN International pick up anyone new in a while, I've seen alot of leaving. There would have been a time that CNN would have picked up some of the post merger BBC News people who were left out. Does feel kind of off.

CNN domestic rerun its primetime because there are 4 timeszones in the US. Typically the primetime programes are talking head interview shows so they dont think its a big deal to air these later in the night for West Coast viewers.

Erica Hill covering for CTW from NYC. Live city backdrop just changed at the half hour mark too curiously enough.

Guess since MAX launched they have less qualms about having Domestic anchors cover for International now that it's essentially 1.5 channels now though the likes of Bianna Golodryga used to cover previously too for the odd intl Newsroom editions but with US Newsroom branding/producing.

(20-03-2024, 01:00 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  CNN domestic rerun its primetime because there are 4 timeszones in the US. Typically the primetime programes are talking head interview shows so they dont think its a big deal to air these later in the night for West Coast viewers.

Yup. 12am on the east coast is just 9pm on the west coast. And it’s even earlier in Hawaii and Alaska.

That doesn’t explain the 4am ET show though. That’s 1am on the west coast… so most people there would already be asleep and not watching primetime programming.

Why not have it be a CNNI simulcast like it had been these past 3-4 years??

Only thing I can think of is maybe it’s CNN Max related.

They want to make cable/satellite providers happy and have less overlap between Max and CNN U.S.

CNNI programming basically also means Max programming at this point.

What studio was Jim Sciutto hosting his Max/Intl Newsroom hour from today? Didn't seem to be the usual flash set but several video wall monitors showing a rather unusual live (?) skyline view.

(21-03-2024, 11:50 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  What studio was Jim Sciutto hosting his Max/Intl Newsroom hour from today? Didn't seem to be the usual flash set but several video wall monitors showing a rather unusual live (?) skyline view.

He mentioned at the top of the show that he was in Houston. I was surprised as well!
[-] The following 2 users Like alex.w's post:
  • matthieu1221, Talkover

So today was Bianca’s last day at CNN.

Here is the entire goodbye clip:

x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like inletwindow's post:
  • AJB39, EastCoast, matthieu1221, oscillon