Eleni Giokis and Jim Sciutto covering Connect the World with Eleni in Abu Dhabi, Jim in DC, and no 9:45 World Sport. I guess this is the new normal for covering shifts on the combined Max/Int’l channel.

(25-03-2024, 02:49 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Eleni Giokis and Jim Sciutto covering Connect the World with Eleni in Abu Dhabi, Jim in DC, and no 9:45 World Sport. I guess this is the new normal for covering shifts on the combined Max/Int’l channel.

I think Jim popped up just because of Trump’s news.

Hadas Gold is back not as Jerusalem Correspondent but as Media Correspodent. Looking at the past few months, maybe it’s time to officially announce Jeremy Diamond as the new Jerusalem Correspondent.
[-] The following 3 users Like Global TV's post:
  • EastCoast, interestednovice, oscillon

Judging by the online schedule 4am ET slot this week is completely out of London following Bianca's departure: Monday, Tuesday and Friday it is Anna Coren from Hong Kong, Wedneday it's Eleni Giokos from Abu Dhabi and Thursday it's Kim Brunhuber from Atlanta.

We're rarely gonna see London in the mornings from now on. Max has a lot of his royal correspondent duties so he'll be away often and with no one else to cover in London, it's gonna be international flash set-a-palooza. Rolleyes

CNN News Central is coming out of Studio 19Y today despite the fact they are using Studio 19Z for some wide shots. Rather bizarrely, Sara Sidner is in a broom cupboard whilst John presents from Studio 19Y.
[-] The following 2 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • EastCoast, oscillon

John and Sara were back in their normal studio during the 9am hour. Wonder what went wrong that they couldn't be in the studio but the video walls still worked.

Anna started the 4am hour saying "Max Foster will be up later today". Has he covered for anyone or appeared on air yet?
[-] The following 2 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • alex.w, oscillon

(26-03-2024, 05:17 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  John and Sara were back in their normal studio during the 9am hour. Wonder what went wrong that they couldn't be in the studio but the video walls still worked.

Anna started the 4am hour saying "Max Foster will be up later today". Has he covered for anyone or appeared on air yet?

At first I thought it was the Magic Wall that necessitated 19Y for John as he was frequently interacting with it. However, 19Z has its own Magic Wall that was used in the 9am hour, so must have been something else...

In other news, starting from the second half of 10am ET hour international coverage was a bit thrown under the bus as CNN tried to accomodate both Baltimore bridge collapse coverage and SCOTUS abortion pills hearing. As a result, CNN/US had a more classical newscast, alternating between the two stories, while full audio stream of the hearing itself, originally planned for CNN/US, was relegated to CNNI / Max. No fancy videowall design that they usually did on CNN News Central, though (and they were a bit slow changing background graphics from CTW to Newsroom at 11am).

[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • EastCoast

Kristie Lu Stout anchoring First Move tonight. When was the last time the Asian breakfast show came from Asia, or the last time Kristie and Anna anchored in the same day!
[-] The following 9 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • AJB39, alex.w, ATLerinHK, ginnyfan, interestednovice, London Lite, matthieu1221, oscillon, sky303

Wow. Kristie back in her old slot, talk about deja vu. CNN Hong Kong has risen!

The garish background looks somehow less coma-inducing in HK flash set.

How about making KLS a permanent co-host?

i.postimg.cc 
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AJB39, ATLerinHK, EastCoast, interestednovice

(26-03-2024, 01:37 AM)oscillon Wrote:  Judging by the online schedule 4am ET slot this week is completely out of London following Bianca's departure: Monday, Tuesday and Friday it is Anna Coren from Hong Kong, Wedneday it's Eleni Giokos from Abu Dhabi and Thursday it's Kim Brunhuber from Atlanta.

Funny, I might use the phrase “out of London” to mean it’s coming FROM London.