Despite it listed as Quest Means Business on the schedules, it has been replaced tonight with a generic International Newsroom presented by Julia Chatterley.
[-] The following 3 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • alex.w, inletwindow, oscillon

Former CNN Senior International Correspondent, Arwa Damon made an appearance on The LEAD with Jake Tapper the other day. She is now the founder of NGO for Children after more than 20yrs with the network. She was a fantastic war reporter and her skills are sorely missed at the network. A huge gap remains. I was good to see her again. Unfortunately reason though.

x.com 

(09-04-2024, 03:52 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Former CNN Senior International Correspondent, Arwa Damon made an appearance on The LEAD with Jake Tapper the other day. She is now the founder of NGO for Children after more than 20yrs with the network. She was a fantastic war reporter and her skills are sorely missed at the network. A huge gap remains. I was good to see her again. Unfortunately reason though.

x.com 

I remember Arwa appeared during a piece back in november in AJE's Listening Post. Surely she was a fantastic reporter. Glad she is using her skills to help the world in other ways
[-] The following 3 users Like xlalonce's post:
  • Charles, matthieu1221, mouseboy33

Per FTV Live, freelance meteorologist Karen Maginnis has left CNN after nearly 39 years.

www.ftvlive.com 

Isa Soares Tonight seems to have possibly flipped spots with Jim Sciutto's Newsroom hour today (was he on at 7pm UK time? -- or possibly just an extra hour?). Schedule for tomorrow shows the usual Isa Soares Tonight/Newsroom/QMB lineup.

(09-04-2024, 09:08 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Isa Soares Tonight seems to have possibly flipped spots with Jim Sciutto's Newsroom hour today (was he on at 7pm UK time? -- or possibly just an extra hour?). Schedule for tomorrow shows the usual Isa Soares Tonight/Newsroom/QMB lineup.

Unless I'm mistaken, at 7pm UKT / 2pm ET it was Isa Soares as well, so it was an extra hour, or, to be more precise, 45 minutes - there was a magazine program in the last 15 minutes of 8pm UKT / 3pm ET slot.

In other news, this Sunday CNN/US is going to air HLN's Forensic Files II, of all things, from 2am to 5am ET - presumably to further reduce CNNI/Max simulcasts that are usually done in these slots as recorded shows and repeats finish quite early during the weekend.
On the other hand, next Monday morning CNNI simulcasts seem to be there, including even Max Foster's hour.

(09-04-2024, 10:11 PM)oscillon Wrote:  In other news, this Sunday CNN/US is going to air HLN's Forensic Files II, of all things, from 2am to 5am ET - presumably to further reduce CNNI/Max simulcasts that are usually done in these slots as recorded shows and repeats finish quite early during the weekend.
On the other hand, next Monday morning CNNI simulcasts seem to be there, including even Max Foster's hour.

Trying to keep track of the overnight schedules this year is a right challenge!

Weekday's dropped the 4am hour on 2/19 when the added AC360 repeat took it's place. Saturday's lost the 4am hour on 2/24 for the same reason. Sunday's lost the 2am hour on 2/18, the 3am hour on 3/17, and now the 4am hour on 4/7. Some nights carried extended simulcasts for various primaries or after the Oscars.

The weekday overnights have also been a hodgepodge.

Abby Phillip and Laura Coates lost their repeats on 2/12. Kaitlan Collins lasted a few extra weeks before being cut on 3/4. Jake Tapper had a 5 week stint before also being cut. The big winners so far: Erin Burnett, who currently has two extra repeats for the first time since September 2013, Wolf Blitzer, who has been a fixture since 2/19, and Anderson Cooper, who has a second repeat.

Forensic Files also had a weeknight stint on CNN during the early Zucker years in June of 2014, before being replaced by live MH17 coverage in July.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • oscillon

Ridiculous not to use live news coverage that they have on CNNI. No one watches their prime time in its original airing, why would anyone need a replay???
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • xlalonce

(10-04-2024, 01:59 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Ridiculous not to use live news coverage that they have on CNNI. No one watches their prime time in its original airing, why would anyone need a replay???

Part of the current argument, I think, has to do on how they are treating CNNI/CNNMax, and due to their Cable deals, they can't show more of CNNI as before

Before this, their "argument" was to broadcast some Primetime shows in the West coast in the west's primetime spot.

And yeah, most people are either watching the network that cater to their political views or abandoning cable news entirely,

Historically CNN Domestic never broadcast live shows in the overnight hours. It was only around 2014/2015 when most of the CNNI hours were broadcast during the week and when the 4am/5am hours were added to the weekends. I never understood why there always seems to be live news at 2am/3am on a Monday morning but repeats the rest of the week.

I'm sure there's a ratings argument as well for why they'd rather repeat their top shows, maybe it factors into the ratings. A decade ago every local channel was in a fight to have the earliest newscast. Not sure if that's as strong a trend these days. Maybe more people are tuning in overnight for Forensic Files than live news.

CNN seem to be resurrecting 5 Things with Kate Bolduan. Just saw an ad that 5 things comes to Max on Monday April 15th. I didn't catch a time, it'll probably be uploaded rather than streamed live. The trailer says 5 things you need to know in 5 minutes or less. CNN+ lives on!