5 Things with Kate Bolduan just launched on Max.
So basically a relaunch of the CNN+ show of the same name.

This is the second CNN+ show to make a return… the first being Who’s Talking to Chris Wallace??

But those two shows are weird in that they don’t actually air on the streaming channel CNN Max.

You have to click on them separately to stream them from the CNN hub, also known as CNN Max. It’s the same way with documentaries and other stuff on there.

So CNN Max is not just the live streaming channel, but also the entire hub of CNN content on Max.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • EastCoast

Although announced as a “limited series”, King Charles has been cancelled by CNN owing to low and declining ratings, the New York Post’s reputed media newsroom is being told. Charles Barkley even has recognized the show’s haphazard scheduling on Wednesday (all due to his duties with TNT Sports) caused the show’s failure to bring an audience.

nypost.com 

The cancellation is effective immediately, with the Wednesday prime time schedule now in line with the rest of the week (that’s Abby Philip’s show now airing Wednesday nights).

edition.cnn.com 

not shocked at all. Limited series or not. Surprised it frankly lasted as long as it did.

Yesterday most of the CNNI/Max daytime shows were double-headed, with one anchor at the NY court for Trump proceedings (as billed, it was first Erica Hill and then, post-Amanpour, Jim Sciutto), and the other (for branded shows it appeared to be the regular anchor) in the studio, giving updates on the Middle East conflict. From what I saw, Jim Sciutto anchored his hour single-headed, and QMB branding was replaced with a generic CNN Newsroom one, with Julia Chatterley co-anchoring Jim from the studio.

Not sure who did the studio part of yesterday's 8am ET hour but today it's Max Foster in his old slot although in a cupboard studio for some reason. No 7:30am ET edition of World Sport today, however.

(16-04-2024, 01:16 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Yesterday most of the CNNI/Max daytime shows were double-headed, with one anchor at the NY court for Trump proceedings (as billed, it was first Erica Hill and then, post-Amanpour, Jim Sciutto), and the other (for branded shows it appeared to be the regular anchor) in the studio, giving updates on the Middle East conflict. From what I saw, Jim Sciutto anchored his hour single-headed, and QMB branding was replaced with a generic CNN Newsroom one, with Julia Chatterley co-anchoring Jim from the studio.

Not sure who did the studio part of yesterday's 8am ET hour but today it's Max Foster in his old slot although in a cupboard studio for some reason. No 7:30am ET edition of World Sport today, however.

Max did the 8am ET hour yesterday for International/Max as well. Think that was going to Erica Hill until they decided to move her to do the Trump Trial. He was in the studio as well yesterday but in the broom cupboard today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • oscillon

Mark Thompson has told the FT (a paywalled interview) he wants to pivot CNN to digital and give lesser priority to their linear networks (but not closing them); this shift, which might include the "serious" possibility of a digital subscription offering (but not a streaming platform like CNN+), or even mandatory sign-ins, might lead to further layoffs, cost cuttings and removals of duplicated structures.

www.ft.com 

Jim Sciutto and Richard Quest 'switched' cities today as Quest was in DC. Bit unusual that there was no closing bell if my memory serves me right, crossing straight to Jim outside the court for that after a quick hello from Richard. Sciutto out of habit also said he was also live from DC. Big Grin

I can't help but think that having to cover this for CNNi (but mostly Max I assume) means a lot of redundant resources with two channels doing the same thing with their own resources (which is where a simulcast would have been pre-Max). I still really do wonder why CNN US is not just provided abroad so CNNi can do it's own thing, though having Max now greatly complicates that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • Talkover

(19-04-2024, 02:08 AM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  Mark Thompson has told the FT (a paywalled interview) he wants to pivot CNN to digital and give lesser priority to their linear networks (but not closing them); this shift, which might include the "serious" possibility of a digital subscription offering (but not a streaming platform like CNN+), or even mandatory sign-ins, might lead to further layoffs, cost cuttings and removals of duplicated structures.

www.ft.com 

He seems determened to destroy CNN channels. Why would anyone subscribe to their websistes when you can't make them watch the channel in the first place Dodgy
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, newsfan22

Just watching this makes me appreciate how excellent Laura Coates is as a presenter and how well she handled this quite dramatic scene when they were broadcasting live earlier.

Note to those who are watching, might be distressing so turn away if you don't like it!

x.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • AJB39, EastCoast, LDN, matthieu1221, Michael Wotton, oscillon, sky303, Talkover

Bizarre moment and reaction. I understand it's shocking and disturbing to see it live but she seems possessed. Many say she sounds like a sports broadcaster doing play by play commentary.
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • JJJJ, xlalonce