I've had CNN This Morning on in the background and looked up because they had to interrupt the weather. I presumed something newsworthy was going to happen. The news? Donald Trump got into a car in NYC. Five star journalism right there!

CNN International/Max is doing a parallel coverage of the Trump "Hush money" and US Supreme court hearings today, with Omar Jimenez in NY and Jim Sciutto in Washington DC, but the program graphic still says "Connect The World", for some reason.

(25-04-2024, 02:03 PM)bakamann Wrote:  CNN International/Max is doing a parallel coverage of the Trump "Hush money" and US Supreme court hearings today, with Omar Jimenez in NY and Jim Sciutto in Washington DC, but the program graphic still says "Connect The World", for some reason.

On domestic, it is Kaitlin Collins presenting outside the Supreme Court, Anderson Cooper presenting from a balcony outside the Manhattan Court and Jake Tapper presenting from Washington Studio B.

Isa Soares Tonight was pre-empted today, and replaced by CNN Newsroom with Jim Sciutto. The newscast is quite US-centric with the two Trump court hearings and the school protests.

I assume this hour's edition of the program is handled by the Atlanta team, while Washington DC team will handle next hour.

(25-04-2024, 07:29 PM)bakamann Wrote:  Isa Soares Tonight was pre-empted today, and replaced by CNN Newsroom with Jim Sciutto. The newscast is quite US-centric with the two Trump court hearings and the school protests.

I assume this hour's edition of the program is handled by the Atlanta team, while Washington DC team will handle next hour.

This is the first time the Trump trial has run into the evening European time. Unfortunately I suspect we'll probably see Isa Soares Tonight pre-empted each time it does, in favour of coverage fronted from the US.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • Talkover

So before we had domestic overtaking CNNI and now we have Max doing it.

Their Trump coverage is boring and a total non-event. Oh look, he's coming out of a car !!!Even in the US people are not that interested. There are much more news-worthy stories right now that viewers care for.
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • TVFan, xlalonce

Poppy Harlow leaving CNN in two weeks.

www.vanityfair.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • TMD_24

Really unfortunate for her and she was very unlucky when they basically decided to rip up the CNN This Morning show to basically become Early Start leaving her with no show on the network.

Funny enough I see there has yet to be a permanent weekend Newsroom presenter for the Saturday 4pm-8pm ET and Sunday 5pm-8pm announced yet.
[-] The following 2 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • AJB39, oscillon

(26-04-2024, 02:21 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Poppy Harlow leaving CNN in two weeks.

www.vanityfair.com 

That's a loss – I hope she winds up at NBC. She would be a good fit over there.
[-] The following 2 users Like Charles's post:
  • ATLerinHK, Michael 18

They are forcing their own, superior talent out while random new people, *cough* Kasie Hunt *cough* , get 2 hour slots. I'd rather see Poppy continue doing the morning shift but instead she's out.
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • alex.w, Charles, jirka, xlalonce