(09-05-2024, 12:00 AM)Talkover Wrote:  I know that many of you miss the old CNNInternational and are happy about every show that is not taken over by CNN US. But I find the line-up horrible at the moment. I would like the choice to see the US program - for example, the US coverage of the Trump process.

The worst show is First Move. No replacement, no alternative to the Situation Room. If CNN has to produce alternative programs for Max, why does the CNNI audience have to suffer from it? Or if CNN wants to produce a morning show for the Asian market, why don't they only broadcast it there? Technically, this is possible.

The thematic balancing act does not succeed in serving a worldwide audience and that of Max. Best example "Quest means business". This has hardly anything to do with a business broadcast. Sad!

Sorry, that had to be out ;-)
I like “First Move”. It’s a decent news programme and in my opinion better than “The Situation Room”. I agree with you though that “First Move” should be based in Asia. I also agree with you about “Quest Means Business”. It does not deliver what its title promises and has very little to do with business these days.
[-] The following 5 users Like AJB39's post:
  • alex.w, inletwindow, newsfan22, Talkover, xlalonce

Looks like John and Rosemary weren't fans of the yellow chairs, the grey one from CNN Center has made it in studio.

x.com 

Also Fred was still using the flash set this morning. Not sure what would be holding up using Studio H for the 8am hour.

That's a shame. Those yellow chairs are the highlight of this letdown set.
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • kookaburra, Talkover

(10-05-2024, 04:20 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Also Fred was still using the flash set this morning. Not sure what would be holding up using Studio H for the 8am hour.

That's a good question! If I'm not mistaken, whenever 8am hour originated from Atlanta this week, it was still done from the flash set.

One possible explanation is the lack of crew: CNNI doesn't use Atlanta studio after 8AM by default, so they wouldn't want to use another full crew team for just one hour (and 8am seems to be waaay too late for the overnight team to handle).

Another theory is that they are still working on the unveiled part of the set in the daytime hours and clean it up only for overnights.
Actually, this might also explain that weird two-month delay that CNNI experienced in moving to the studio as compared to Domestic: may be in March and first half of April there construction process was at such a stage that it was only possible to clean it up and switch the existing part to the "working mode" at the end of the week, when no construction is done for 2+ days.

Also, so far I haven't seen the big video walls in Studio H used for anything except fancy background. No story related images, no headlines, nothing - just background pics.
This wasn't the case with Studio 7 where they had been sometimes putting up stuff on those walls.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • EastCoast

With the robotic camera bases that wetsom pointed out, Studio H should only need one operator for all the cameras. If I recall correctly, CNNI didn't use full studio crews at CNN Center. Studio 7 had robotic cameras with a single operator and Studio 4 basically had 3 cameras locked into place.

Your theory about needing the studio for testing and commissioning during the day makes the most sense. Some milestone was reached to allow the overnights to move in, we just don't know what. Maybe we'll see something different on CNN This Morning Weekend tomorrow, although I doubt it. Neither the London move to Old Street or the New York move to Hudson Yards required this long to fully commission a studio, I wonder what's different this time around.
[-] The following 2 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • oscillon, Talkover

Instead of AC360 CNN Max has a live "CNN Special Report: Trump Hush Money Trial" on now with Jessica Dean anchoring from DC.

Has this been running all week? Surprised they would have an alternate show during the US Primetime and surprised they would replace AC360 of all shows.

(11-05-2024, 01:17 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  Instead of AC360 CNN Max has a live "CNN Special Report: Trump Hush Money Trial" on now with Jessica Dean anchoring from DC.

Has this been running all week? Surprised they would have an alternate show during the US Primetime and surprised they would replace AC360 of all shows.

Not just this week but for the entire trial. Only on trial days though. And only on Max. The only live Max shows to not also air on CNNI at the moment.

Special shows at 7pm, 8pm and 10pm ET — replacing EB OutFront, AC 360 and Newsnight.

I think Abby Phillip usually hosts the 7p Max Trump trial hour. 8p is sometimes Audie Cornish but I guess today it was Jessica Dean. 10p is usually an edition of Sit Room.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • EastCoast

CNN is running a 2-hour special Newsnight about the Solar storm and the resulting northern lights. The coverage, anchored by Abby Phillip **and** Bill Weir is primarily studio based (with Paula Newton popping up once an hour from Ontario) and is done from the usual Studio 21L, completed with some a fancy background and a couple of not-so-common viewing angles (like standing presentation to the right of 21L's desk). Virtual meteo studio also featured fancy colors.
postimg.cc 

postimg.cc 

postimg.cc 

postimg.cc 

postimg.cc 
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • TVFan

Breaking news? 🤣 CNN has rendered that meaningless.

Watching Newsroom at the mo. Now, I don't know how much a new studio costs, probably hundreds of thousands or even millions, but what is the point in investing in one if it's not going to be used to its full potential?
So far, apart from a couple of shots standing in front of one of the presentation monitors, it still looks the same as when it was presented from a flash studio.
Back when they first moved from the actual newsroom and moved into a set, they used the screens to project images relevant to rhe story. Now it's just the bog standard newsroom image and no wide shots are used.
What a waste.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gman's post:
  • ginnyfan