(23-01-2023, 09:04 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Michael and Rosemary confirmed that today is their last broadcast from Studio 7. They are moving back to CNNI's old studio 4 where they will be until the move to Techwood. Meanwhile, Studio 7 is being dismantled and its walls will be moved to Techwood to be used for the ''new'' set. Talk about cost cutting. Rolleyes

If the Techwood Studio is an improved version of Studio 7 I think that can only be a good thing!

Glad to hear they're keeping some, if not all, of the Studio 7 set. The L-shaped wall of monitors and the light boxes and monitors that were behind Morning Express's home base still look good after over a decade on air. I guess we can assume that CNNI's overnight and CNN's weekend programming will all use the "new" studio space, which bodes well for it being intentionally rebuilt rather than just cobbled together like many of the recent Atlanta sets. The only thing I'd hope they leave behind is the underwhelming anchor desk.

I like Studio 7 but I was hoping for something totally new. CNN has a terrible habit of remaking their sets. They did the same with all of their NY sets after moving to their new HQ and now want to do the same in Atlanta.

I was also hoping the new set would include the actual newsroom.

I guess we're in for more fake city backgrounds. Rolleyes

(23-01-2023, 02:21 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  CNN has a terrible habit of remaking their sets.

Isn't that the truth. Every on air set it a worse iteration of it's original self. Something new would be great only if they can stop themselves from modifying it for at least 5 years.
[-] The following 4 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • bkman1990, ginnyfan, Newsroom, scottishtv

I can understand why they might want to repurpose the Studio 7 set. It's still fairly new, and there's nothing dated about it. I'm sure they'll definitely want to move over all those seamless monitors, which are still fairly pricey and top-of-the-line. Even if they only take a few bits and pieces and not the whole thing, I could see how they might want to move over the cameras and lighting to save money.

I bet they don't move the whole thing. Studio 7 is huge (two studios combined), and I have a hunch that the new space won't be as big.

I would hope and would presume that CNN Domestic would still get a separate studio space, even if it's not used that much.

I liked Studio 7 it was my favorite studio of all CNN. I think the shame was they stopped having their daytime from Atlanta and when HLN was dying they cut back on using that great set and we didn't see it much except during Morning Express and it took a long for CNNI to think to use it. I'd to be interesting to see what it looks like in a new spot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • Charles

(23-01-2023, 11:22 PM)sky303 Wrote:  I liked Studio 7 it was my favorite studio of  all CNN. I think the shame  was they stopped having their daytime from Atlanta and when HLN was dying they cut back on using that great set and we didn't see it much except during Morning Express and it took a long for CNNI to think to use it.  I'd to be interesting to see what it looks like in a new spot.
It really looked sharp when it debuted. It was the first time a program titled "CNN Newsroom" originated from not-a-newsroom, but there was still a lot of working space and decorative monitor walls that it almost felt like a newsroom.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charles's post:
  • sky303

Meanwhile, as Rosemary Church mentioned yesterday - CNN are indeed back in a very revealing (or not) Studio 4.

https://twitter.com/rosemaryCNN/status/1617773274070384645?s=20&t=5RymcrQhjkzPV4SK-BWx9A

The only time that set looked great and fitting of an international news channel, was when it had the open newsroom view, which was ages ago. Ever since they closed it, in 2006, it was like something from a poor local channel.

From this morning, here's how the new branding looks in it.

[Image: vlcsnap-2023-01-24-07h52m10s85.png]

[Image: vlcsnap-2023-01-24-07h52m12s109.png]

Looks clumsy and mismatched imo. The previous iteration fit the space better
[-] The following 2 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • bkman1990, matthieu1221