CNN are still planning on launching a Sunday News Magazine show a la 60 minutes. These negotiations are likely for that show.

Looking forward to a CBS personality being contracted for a CNN show while a CNN personality is contracted for a CBS show.

As for CNNI, I also hope that there is a future where they receive a permanent home for their NY based shows, even if it’s fixed or robotic camera positions.

(01-02-2023, 04:54 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  CNN are still planning on launching a Sunday News Magazine show a la 60 minutes. These negotiations are likely for that show.

Looking forward to a CBS personality being contracted for a CNN show while a CNN personality is contracted for a CBS show.

As for CNNI, I also hope that there is a future where they receive a permanent home for their NY based shows, even if it’s fixed or robotic camera positions.

Will be interesting to see how that turns out. How long has it been since CNN had a 60 Minutes type show? Perhaps not since the latest iteration of "CNN Presents" in 2011/2012.

Maybe more people will tune in now?

nypost.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Newsroom

(03-02-2023, 01:46 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Maybe more people will tune in now?

nypost.com 

Looks like CNN has no luck with the initial pairings of their morning shows. Will they last longer than the initial Cuomo/Bolduan pairing?
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • interestednovice

nypost.com 

This comes from a Murdoch newspaper, a newspaper owned by the same person who owns Fox News, who competes with CNN.

The New York Post has a well earned reputation for making stuff up about their opposition.  Like, completely making stuff up.  I don't think this story is true in any way, shape or form.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cityprod's post:
  • interestednovice

(03-02-2023, 02:34 AM)cityprod Wrote:  

nypost.com 

This comes from a Murdoch newspaper, a newspaper owned by the same person who owns Fox News, who competes with CNN.

The New York Post has a well earned reputation for making stuff up about their opposition.  Like, completely making stuff up.  I don't think this story is true in any way, shape or form.

A very entertaining piece by that trash publication to say the least. 

There is no smoke without fire however and CNN This Morning is a tricky watch for viewers, certainly myself who watched 'New Day' most mornings. I for one cannot stomach Lemon on that show, a total turn off for morning viewers, much the same as his evening offering. 

Kaitlin Collins does appear to spend more of her time in DC and I'm hoping she'll soon realise what a dreadful mistake it was to be a part of anything Lemon has to do with. She's an example of the calibre of talent CNN so desperately needs to retain and she doesn't strike me as someone who will particularly enjoy all this tabloid gossip.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • interestednovice

It might be NYP but there's clearly something going on since other ''insiders'' reported stuff as well. Plus, it makes perfect sense. Lemon is an geo narcisist, who up until few months ago had his own, solo primetime show in which he did whatever he wanted to, and now he has to share the screen with 2 people he probably considers inferiors and ''lesser stars''.

This new morning show won't last long.
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • Independent, interestednovice

Admittedly I’ve only watched “CNN This Morning” a few times but the body language between Kaitlan Collins and Don Lemon is not good. There is no on-air chemistry between them as far I can see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • interestednovice

(03-02-2023, 12:25 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  Admittedly I’ve only watched “CNN This Morning” a few times but the body language between Kaitlan Collins and Don Lemon is not good. There is no on-air chemistry between them as far I can see.

And if you watch the pre launch promos it's all about friendship and how close they all are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • interestednovice

(03-02-2023, 12:27 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(03-02-2023, 12:25 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  Admittedly I’ve only watched “CNN This Morning” a few times but the body language between Kaitlan Collins and Don Lemon is not good. There is no on-air chemistry between them as far I can see.

And if you watch the pre launch promos it's all about friendship and how close they all are.

It's New Day V1 all over again!
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • interestednovice