(03-02-2023, 01:04 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  
(03-02-2023, 12:27 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  And if you watch the pre launch promos it's all about friendship and how close they all are.

It's New Day V1 all over again!

HA! Let's remind ourselves here.

New Day V1 Promo

youtu.be 

CNN This Morning Promo

youtu.be 

The later is VERY MUCH about Don Lemon. It's all about him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • interestednovice

(03-02-2023, 10:19 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(03-02-2023, 02:34 AM)cityprod Wrote:  This comes from a Murdoch newspaper, a newspaper owned by the same person who owns Fox News, who competes with CNN.

The New York Post has a well earned reputation for making stuff up about their opposition.  Like, completely making stuff up.  I don't think this story is true in any way, shape or form.

A very entertaining piece by that trash publication to say the least. 

There is no smoke without fire however and CNN This Morning is a tricky watch for viewers, certainly myself who watched 'New Day' most mornings. I for one cannot stomach Lemon on that show, a total turn off for morning viewers, much the same as his evening offering. 

Kaitlin Collins does appear to spend more of her time in DC and I'm hoping she'll soon realise what a dreadful mistake it was to be a part of anything Lemon has to do with. She's an example of the calibre of talent CNN so desperately needs to retain and she doesn't strike me as someone who will particularly enjoy all this tabloid gossip.
None the less, the amount of times that the New York Post has made stuff up completely without foundation, makes it very difficult to believe anything they post about CNN, MSNBC, NBC News, CBS News or ABC News, without having to consume whole mountains of salt.

There may be chemistry problems, I don't watch it, but I'm more inclined to not believe anything that comes from anonymous "insiders" in the media, as the industry is full of narcissists, egomaniacs, gossipmongers and hateful people, who all have their own agendas, and all trying to clamber over the bodies of others, even whilst those bodies are still moving.  In other words, don't buy into the bullcrap.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cityprod's post:
  • interestednovice

Discounting whether we think that the NY Post story is true, partially true yet exaggerated, completely made up, I'm struggling to see why Don Lemon was chosen for the morning slot. Very much seems like a Cuomo type who belonged in primetime (whether you liked him or not). Even if it was a make it or break it moment, since his primetime show was likely going regardless, don't think it was the right choice.

Kaitlan Collins too. Presentation-wise, no problems with her. But it just seems a massive shame to move her from her role as Chief WH Correspondent where she really shined.

I very honestly did not mind the last iteration of New Day, though imo the Berman/Camerota pairing was the best CNN had in the mornings in recent memory.
[-] The following 5 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • bkman1990, DPE123, interestednovice, Jeff, Newsroom

(03-02-2023, 06:05 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Discounting whether we think that the NY Post story is true, partially true yet exaggerated, completely made up, I'm struggling to see why Don Lemon was chosen for the morning slot. Very much seems like a Cuomo type who belonged in primetime (whether you liked him or not). Even if it was a make it or break it moment, since his primetime show was likely going regardless, don't think it was the right choice.

Kaitlan Collins too. Presentation-wise, no problems with her. But it just seems a massive shame to move her from her role as Chief WH Correspondent where she really shined.

I very honestly did not mind the last iteration of New Day, though imo the Berman/Camerota pairing was the best CNN had in the mornings in recent memory.

Camerota and Berman were a fantastic pairing though I have to say Camerota seems so at ease with any co-anchor. She's one of the best anchors CNN have. Really miss their morning chemistry.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • Charles, interestednovice

Can we stop with the NY Post bashing? Not everything they do is trash. Their scoops about news media are often actually pretty good. The same reporter as the story above also broke the story about Ana Cabrera leaving before it was publicly confirmed. The NY Post has also covered all the turmoil at CBS News in the last few years pretty accurately. We've all known for years that Lemon is a self-centered hothead, so the story seems pretty plausible.
[-] The following 5 users Like Charles's post:
  • ginnyfan, Independent, interestednovice, Jeff, Talkover

So, I guess the new part from the NY Post is that Don allegedly yelled at Kaitlan, and that Licht was behind him being absent the next day.

But there already was some reporting about this incident when it actually is said to have happened.

From Puck (Dylan Byers) way back on December 9th:
puck.news 

Quote:On Friday, Don Lemon, who was in Washington the previous evening for the White House Christmas party, skipped his hosting duties with little advance notice. Some CNN sources say he was exhausted and simply needed a day off; others point to a very tense segment with his co-host Kaitlan Collins that took place the day before, in which she repeatedly tried to speak over him as he was reading the news, to his apparent annoyance.

So uhhh why didn't those sources tell Dylan Byers about the yelling? Hmmm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • interestednovice

(04-02-2023, 11:46 AM)Charles Wrote:  Can we stop with the NY Post bashing? Not everything they do is trash. Their scoops about news media are often actually pretty good. The same reporter as the story above also broke the story about Ana Cabrera leaving before it was publicly confirmed. The NY Post has also covered all the turmoil at CBS News in the last few years pretty accurately. We've all known for years that Lemon is a self-centered hothead, so the story seems pretty plausible.

It's not bashing if it's true, and the fact is the New York Post, and especially their Page 6 section, have been caught lying so many times, it renders them untrustworthy as a source, especially when it comes to media coverage.  Therefore, I automatically need a non-Murdoch source to verify any story that they publish that involves the big media companies.

Where they do come across as being more reliable is in their coverage of news local to the New York area, they seem to be pretty good there.  Also, their sports coverage seems pretty good too.

Ad Fontes Media, who produce the Media Bias Chart score them 33.38, which is below their guideline score of 40 for good reliability.  Media Bias Fact Check calls them "Mixed" for reliability, and I think that is a very fair assessment.  Good for local news and sports, but very questionable for Politics and Media coverage.

By comparison, Ad Fontes Media gives CNN a score of 42.45 for reliability, whilst Media Bias Fact Check still rates them "Mixed", which I think for CNN is a little harsh.
[-] The following 2 users Like cityprod's post:
  • interestednovice, Newsroom

Recently re-introduced (IIRC, it was also present circa 2017-2019) repeat of Smerconish at 3PM ET did not have its first airing today, and it even disappeared from today's schedule on CNN's website. Most likely it is due to the breaking news about bringing down Chinese spy balloon, so it is an additional hour for Fredericka Whitfield and the Newsroom.

Interestingly, despite it being year 2023, Jim Sciutto is reporting on the phone(!) of all possible ways.

UPD. CNN continued its coverage of the balloon downing well after 8pm ET (when they were supposed to finish live programming for today under the new Saturday schedule), with Wolf Blitzer now at the helm and Situation Room having a special edition tonight till at least 10 pm ET. The overnight CNNI programming, according to the schedule, will be present in full on CNN/US, starting at midnight ET (as is usually the case if there is a major story).
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • interestednovice

(03-02-2023, 06:05 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Kaitlan Collins too. Presentation-wise, no problems with her. But it just seems a massive shame to move her from her role as Chief WH Correspondent where she really shined.
I think because she did such a good job as chief WH correspondent, the higher-ups at CNN wanted to really promote her as a CNN ‘face’ - so ‘promoting’ her to breakfast co-host was a natural move.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • interestednovice

By now it should be clear that CNN's morning show is not a real promotion. Careers usually go downhill from there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • interestednovice