At 10 PM ET CNNI went live very early with breaking news from Turkey about the powerful earthquake. Laila Harrak (who has her scheduled Newsroom show only at midnight) is in the studio.
[Image: image.png]
Also there was a breaking news ticker during the later part of the Fareed Zakharia GPS 9 PM ET repeat.

CNN/US continues with the documentary.

UPD. At 11 PM ET CNN/US joined CNNI and breaking news coverage after finishing the documentary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • interestednovice

(06-02-2023, 04:17 AM)oscillon Wrote:  At 10 PM ET CNNI went live very early with breaking news from Turkey about the powerful earthquake. Laila Harrak (who has her scheduled Newsroom show only at midnight) is in the studio.
Also there was a breaking news ticker during the later part of the Fareed Zakharia GPS 9 PM ET repeat.

CNN/US continues with the documentary.

UPD. At 11 PM ET CNN/US joined CNNI and breaking news coverage after finishing the documentary.
Domestic opted back to normal programming at Midnight Eastern.

Second hour of Erin Burnett Outfront billed tonight and for the whole week (excluding Biden's address tomorrow) at 9 PM ET instead of AC360 or CNN Tonight.
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, interestednovice, Newsroom

(06-02-2023, 09:51 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Second hour of Erin Burnett Outfront billed tonight and for the whole week (excluding Biden's address tomorrow) at 9 PM ET instead of AC360 or CNN Tonight.

That's interesting. She's definitely experienced some kind of elevation since Licht took over and is perceived as being up there with Tapper, Cooper and Blitzer as a senior anchor. I wonder if this is more of Licht's tinkering with prime time or if Cooper will on his way to the Middle East after the SOTU address tomorrow?

I would have thought John Berman has been dispatched by now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • interestednovice

Remember an instance when they had Zelensky address Congress that she did 6pm-7:30pm, then did CNN Tonight from 9pm-10pm so not the first time she doubled up on the night. Also going back to April 10th 2020, I know this was during COVID so the circumstances was different but Erin Burnett did her usual show from 7pm-8pm then returned for another two hour edition of her show from 10pm-12am. Chris Cuomo was off that night and so was Don but not the first time there has been additional versions of OutFront on the same night.

I do agree that Erin seems to be getting more appearances on the big events, she did the Zelensky address to Congress coverage ahead of Anderson and co-hosted with Jake recently on that very hilarious Speaker race which went for quite a few days!
[-] The following 2 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • interestednovice, Newsroom

Well, things are not getting any better on Don's show, as he would like it to be known. From the video, I would say Poppy has had enough of his antics as well.

www.mediaite.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • interestednovice, matthieu1221, Newsroom

(07-02-2023, 10:00 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Well, things are not getting any better on Don's show, as he would like it to be known. From the video, I would say Poppy has had enough of his antics as well.

www.mediaite.com 

Oh dear. I can't envisage there'll be a place at CNN for DL for too much longer. He's basically playing into Licht's playbook of  'get rid'. 

Harlow's face tells us exactly what's on her mind and it's kinda 'what am I doing sat next to this person'. A painful watch it has to be said.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • interestednovice, TVFan

(07-02-2023, 10:09 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(07-02-2023, 10:00 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Well, things are not getting any better on Don's show, as he would like it to be known. From the video, I would say Poppy has had enough of his antics as well.

www.mediaite.com 

Oh dear. I can't envisage there'll be a place at CNN for DL for too much longer. He's basically playing into Licht's playbook of  'get rid'. 

Harlow's face tells us exactly what's on her mind and it's kinda 'what am I doing sat next to this person'. A painful watch it has to be said.
Has he perhaps had an offer from elsewhere, and this is him deliberately trying to get the sack? Do we know if/when he last renewed his contract (if it was ever made public, obviously)?

(06-02-2023, 10:52 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  then did CNN Tonight from 9pm-10pm so not the first time she doubled up on the night. Also going back to April 10th 2020, I know this was during COVID so the circumstances was different but Erin Burnett did her usual show from 7pm-8pm then returned for another two hour edition of her show from 10pm-12am.
Well, to my eyes there is a subtle stylistic difference between covering on the (generic) CNN Tonight and having the additional hour of the very own name-branded show. The latter seems somewhat more elevated that's why I pointed it out.

Also, CNNI's gorgeous London studio had a hell of a use today - a whooping 7 hours (almost) in total. Given that it usually gets only 4 hours a day, and CNN's overall trend of using many studios for a relatively little on-air time each, that's a lot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • interestednovice

Is CNN This Morning sponsored by Starbucks?! Don always seems to have a Venti Starbucks cup in front of him!