The Variety has just published an article (by Brian Steinberg) about the "CNN Prime(time)" thing in the schedules, although written obviously before Tuesday was changed back to The Situation Room.
variety.com 

Nevertheless, it says it might be that the whole thing is not about to launch for a while and its appearance in the schedules was more of a blooper:
Quote:A person familiar with the matter says the details were inadvertently uploaded to cable systems and that only the town hall is a go for next week. A launch of “CNN Primetime” may not take place for some time, this person says.

Also it might be that "CNN Primetime" as they call it (not "CNN Prime") will lean towards a rota of anchors instead of one single personality:
Quote:“CNN Primetime” is supposed to rely less on a single name and more on great storytelling, scoops and surprises, according to one person familiar with the Warner Bros. Discovery-backed cable-news outlet. Viewers will be urged to come for the hour, not a specific talent, this person says.

That's a very Good Morning Britain solution (or non-solution depending on how you see it) to the problem!

(18-02-2023, 03:35 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(18-02-2023, 03:25 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Didn't think Don Lemon would be back in primetime so soon, even for a one off thing.

I can't see this happening. It'll come across as  a promotion of sorts.

I can see the trash headlines now. 

Lemon says Nikki Haley is past her prime yet ends up back in CNN Prime.
I think the irony of this just clicked for me. Although I do wonder if the intent here was to get “Don lemon prime” and “cnn prime” to trend.
[-] The following 3 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • bkman1990, matthieu1221, Newsroom

(18-02-2023, 09:12 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  
(18-02-2023, 03:35 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I can't see this happening. It'll come across as  a promotion of sorts.

I can see the trash headlines now. 

Lemon says Nikki Haley is past her prime yet ends up back in CNN Prime.
I think the irony of this just clicked for me. Although I do wonder if the intent here was to get “Don lemon prime” and “cnn prime” to trend.
Exactly! 

As pointed out above, the listings were possibly uploaded in error. I can't see Lemon hosting that slot next week.

Seems like they have now corrected the schedule. 3 hours of CNN Tonight from 9pm on the Wednesday.

In concept, I like the idea of CNN not having a single person for a 9pm ET show. One of the problems with US cable news has been trying to build programs around a person and not doing much else. It'd be neat to have different anchors and people come in, use their strengths to present something. It would even be neat to have editions be reporter focused, like have a reporter let's say in areas of Ohio affected by that train crash have a reporter present reports that hour giving an indepth look. Have a big political story/interview give the hour that night to Jake Tapper/ Wolf Blitzer etc... Even do other topics, it be something different like sports, big weather, etc. I'd be nice to have some international anchors join in too, like Michael Holmes. That's if CNN can do it right.

Today London studio had both correspondents sitting alongside anchors in the 4am ET hour.
[Image: CNN-London-4thwall-wide.png]
This lead to Nic Robertson having a somewhat glassy backdrop on the now (post-pandemic) rarely utilized studio wall that is opposite vertical screens.
[Image: CNN-London-4thwall-back.png]

UPD. Max and Bianca have their show extended for another hour today, substituting Early Start both on CNNI and CNN Domestic. Might have something to do with Biden's visit to Ukraine
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, matthieu1221

CNN Domestic appears to have dropped 'Early Start' this morning in favour of taking CNNi Newsroom as the news of Joe Biden's visit to Ukraine breaks.

The manpower CNN have in Europe from the US is quite something. Obviously it has a lot to do with the Anniversary of the invasion, but would CNN have known beforehand of a potential Biden visit?

Already we've seen Caitlin Collins, Phil Mattingley, Alex Marquardt and Clarissa Ward in the space of 15 mins.

(20-02-2023, 11:03 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  would CNN have known beforehand of a potential Biden visit?
Possibly not — visits to dangerous areas are often kept under wraps to protect politicians.
[-] The following 6 users Like Connews's post:
  • benzj, bkman1990, Jeff, matthieu1221, Newsroom, UTVLifer

(20-02-2023, 11:03 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  CNN Domestic appears to have dropped 'Early Start' this morning in favour of taking CNNi Newsroom as the news of Joe Biden's visit to Ukraine breaks.

The manpower CNN have in Europe from the US is quite something. Obviously it has a lot to do with the Anniversary of the invasion, but would CNN have known beforehand of a potential Biden visit?

Already we've seen Caitlin Collins, Phil Mattingley, Alex Marquardt and Clarissa Ward in the space of 15 mins.

The media in Kyiv this morning were told to keep off balcony's, close windows and then their internet was turned off for a period. So they knew someone important was visiting, but not for sure it was Biden.
[-] The following 2 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom