Don Lemon will return to the show on Wednesday, CNN says
edition.cnn.com 

(21-02-2023, 05:41 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  Pretty much every holiday edition of a prime time show will be a ‘special edition’. This is to distinguish it in the ratings so the projected lower viewership doesn’t affect the average counts for the show.
Good point, but still for some reason it is only TSR and EBO that carry the distinction of any sort, not AC360 which is more primetime-ish. Do ratings exclude long Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays automatically? That would explain no "Special" branding at that time.

Lemon receiving training will not help him at this stage, and most certainly won't help Chris Licht.

It appears CNN staffers, co-workers, critics and audience alike have called time on him and his behaviour. He became far too big for his boots and had a distinct air of 'entitlement' at the network that transcended to the viewer.

Is this perhaps all part of a procedure? He gets reprimanded, suspended for a few days and has to do some tickbox training on his return. He then makes another inflammatory comment - which we all know he will - and then it’s curtains…

(21-02-2023, 11:57 AM)Kojak Wrote:  Is this perhaps all part of a procedure? He gets reprimanded, suspended for a few days and has to do some tickbox training on his return. He then makes another inflammatory comment - which we all know he will - and then it’s curtains…

Wouldn't that be wonderful! 

Poppy Harlow just opened today's CNN This Morning and said 'Hopefully Don will be back tomorrow' after she welcomed Sara Sidner once again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • Kojak

Don can think whatever he wants to about women in their prime etc. I don't think what he said is so horrifying or shocking or bad. It's his opinion and he has the right to have it. The problem is, why are we hearing his opinion, on a supposed news show. But that's the problem with US news media in general, its all about opinions and very little real news and information.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • Independent

(21-02-2023, 03:09 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Don can think whatever he wants to about women in their prime etc. I don't think what he said is so horrifying or shocking or bad. It's his opinion and he has the right to have it. The problem is, why are we hearing his opinion, on a supposed news show. But that's the problem with US news media in general, its all about opinions and very little real news and information.

Other than it being the wrong place, the wrong time and with the wrong company and having the wrong boss... I can't really think what else was wrong about what happened. ;-)
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • Charles, inletwindow, matthieu1221

So, Don has indeed returned today, apologizing on Twitter just before going on air
twitter.com 

There are now two town halls this week - an additional one being today at 9pm ET about Ohio derailment with Jake Tapper as a host, and the scheduled one is tommorow, also at 9p, and as the dates have correctly suggested, it is about the war in Ukraine. The host will be Fareed Zakharia.

Finally, "CNN Prime" written in 9pm slot now appears to be a default case whenever a new day of the online schedule is created - since yesterday it appeared first in Feb. 27th schedule, then in Feb. 28th one.

(22-02-2023, 10:33 PM)oscillon Wrote:  So, Don has indeed returned today, apologizing on Twitter just before going on air
twitter.com 

There are now two town halls this week - an additional one being today at 9pm ET about Ohio derailment with Jake Tapper as a host, and the scheduled one is tommorow, also at 9p, and as the dates have correctly suggested, it is about the war in Ukraine. The host will be Fareed Zakharia.

Finally, "CNN Prime" written in 9pm slot now appears to be a default case whenever a new day of the online schedule is created - since yesterday it appeared first in Feb. 27th schedule, then in Feb. 28th one.

Errrrrrmmmmm, wot? 

Please @ocsillon - could you try make your posts more legible so we can not only enjoy them but understand them. You bring a lot of knowledge to this place, but understanding is key. Thanks much.

Those CNN Prime slots will probably become something else over time as we have known over the last few days. They only announced the additional town hall late yesterday and I think the edition of another 9pm Situation Room on the Monday was also a late announcement despite it being originally CNN Tonight in the schedules.

Have wondered this for a while and I kept looking at the press release when the new daytime revamp changes was announced but there was no reference to "CNN Newsroom" on these new shows which makes me think the new shows will get new names leaving the Newsroom name for International overnight and weekends only now.

(22-02-2023, 10:42 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(22-02-2023, 10:33 PM)oscillon Wrote:  So, Don has indeed returned today, apologizing on Twitter just before going on air
twitter.com 

Errrrrrmmmmm, wot? 

Please @ocsillon - could you try make your posts more legible so we can not only enjoy them but understand them. You bring a lot of knowledge to this place, but understanding is key. Thanks much.

OK, let me rephrase myself in shorter and more linear sentences (I think the Don sentence was clear enough).

There are now two CNN Town Halls this week, both at 9pm ET. Originally there was only one, scheduled for tomorrow. Due to the timing (early 24 Feb morning European time) one could suggest that it would be about Ukraine. Indeed it is about Ukraine, as CNN has an announcement ticker for it. Fareed Zakharia will be hosting it. Additional Town Hall is scheduled for today, its promo ticker is also shown on air. It will be about Ohio train derailment and it will be hosted by Jake Tapper.

Every day CNN updates it online schedule for the week ahead. As soon as the schedule for next Monday appeared, there was "CNN Prime" in the 9 pm slot. The same happened today for next Tuesday's schedule. As these schedules are usually generated from a template, it leads me to suggestion that CNN Prime made its way to this template and thus appears now by default whenever a weekday schedule is automatically generated.

UPD. FYI, this is what the town hall tickers look like:
[Image: image.png]
[Image: image.png]