(30-03-2023, 07:55 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Yeah of course we knew about the NewsCentral name, I but dont think we've seen the logo anywhere until today. It will be interesting to see the screen graphics that comes with it. Also if we are going to see new OSG/Lower Thirds. Newscastudio also just posted a article on the logo a few minutes ago as well.

www.newscaststudio.com 

It was posted in post #727.
[-] The following 5 users Like strollfan's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, Hellsloot, interestednovice, Newsroom

Sorry that image is broken so I didnt see it.

(29-03-2023, 09:17 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  
(29-03-2023, 05:52 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  As far back as I can remember, 9am-4pm ET during the week has always been produced out of Atlanta, regardless of where the anchors are.  

And doesn’t seem unusual that one team is ready to go before the other.  What is perhaps unusual is that they don’t want to wait until both are ready to launch. 
Wasn't too long ago that the anchors were actually in Atlanta. *checks notes* Oh, I guess it's been 9 years.

Time flies!  Yeah — Brooke Baldwin and Carol Costello were the last two weekday Atlanta anchors.  They moved Summer 2014.

So CNN Center is still technically CNN’s “world headquarters.”  Even though the top anchors and bosses are in NY and DC.

Once CNN moves to Techwood, will the world headquarters designation go with it?  Or will it just quietly be dropped forever.
[-] The following 3 users Like inletwindow's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Marcos

Busy day yesterday on CNN. presentation- and studio-wise.

Studio A in Washington was seen back on air, with little to none changes to the curved screen area apart from the desk. Wolf interviewed Mike Pence from there.
[Image: image.png]
Unfortunately, what happened to the left part of the studio, remains unclear - it was only vaguely seen giving background to Mike Pence.

I'm not sure whether the that was the original plan before the news came that Trump got indicted, but the interview itself went on for about 30 minutes + ad break, with the rest of the hour delivered by Jake Tapper and Anderson Cooper (who have done a 8-11pm shift together). Interestingly, Jake was not on his show for the last several days, but turned up for the occasion.

No CNN Primetime branding was present, at one point it was labelled in the right bottom corner as "AC360" (with news ticker removed in favor of "Indictiment of Donald Trump" banner), later on and throughout the rest of the shift as "The Trump Indictment".

At one point they had both "The Trump Indictment" as the show name and "The Indictment of Donald Trump" instead of a news ticker. Too much Trump indictmenmts for one lower third!

They also had a special stinger for the event to open the program / segment:

... and also two separate panels - on in NY, with Anderson (in 21L), one in DC, with Jake (in the "wide screen" area of Studio D), both studios hosting a total of 9 commemntators and 2 anchors while having dedicated background images on the video walls:

CNN Tonight went out an hour later (at 11pm) and aired till 1am, with 19Z also appropriately re-lit (no night lights, a foggy and gloomy city instead). It was namechecked in the bottom right corner, so the news ticker had to go once again in favour of the aforementioned "Indictment of Donald Trump" banner.
However, Alyson Camerota, paired with Don Lemon, came on air from that studio during 10pm hour as well, to conduct a live 20-minute interview with Michael Cohen.

UPD. Today CNN This Morning, which started an hour earlier, dedicated its new "5 Things" headlines solely to Trump indictment and even ditched the "5 things" title itself.
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Marcos, scottishtv

I'm glad to see Studio A was used yesterday, it appears apart from the new floor, desk and possibly some different camera angles, not much has changed there.

Overall presentation though last night was excellent, both Studio D and Studio 21L looked great with the backgrounds and it was a really good use of the team last night. Jake Tapper was clearly down for holiday leave this week originally so it was good to see he was able to make for an extended evening show. On the Pence interview, I imagine the plan was to do a whole hour with him but given the news I suppose it was right to cut it short a bit to cover the main breaking news.
[-] The following 4 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, scottishtv, UTVLifer

(31-03-2023, 09:26 AM)oscillon Wrote:  Busy day yesterday on CNN. presentation- and studio-wise.

Thanks for posting these captures, as I was going to do the same given the change in graphics and multiple studios in use!

It does feel like they pulled out the stops.  Although there isn't a huge amount of detail in this news story, the indictment itself is pretty significant.  Quite fortunate they had Pence scheduled in for an interview anyway so they could get his reaction, and some 'exclusive' commentary from him. 

They do these split studio setups so well, I actually forgot until quite far into the 9pm ET hour that Anderson, Jake and Wolf were all in different studios - and split between New York and DC.

(31-03-2023, 09:26 AM)oscillon Wrote:  UPD. Today CNN This Morning, which started an hour earlier, dedicated its new "5 Things" headlines solely to Trump indictment and even ditched the "5 things" title itself.

That shelf of ornaments!  Just why? I remember CBS This Morning used to have a load of random clutter in the background before they changed the name and moved to Times Square.  Someone must think it adds something?! A coffee shop vibe maybe?

Also interesting Don Lemon turning up in a late night slot - a sign he'll head back there?
[-] The following 1 user Likes scottishtv's post:
  • UTVLifer

(31-03-2023, 03:10 PM)scottishtv Wrote:  
(31-03-2023, 09:26 AM)oscillon Wrote:  UPD. Today CNN This Morning, which started an hour earlier, dedicated its new "5 Things" headlines solely to Trump indictment and even ditched the "5 things" title itself.

That shelf of ornaments!  Just why? I remember CBS This Morning used to have a load of random clutter in the background before they changed the name and moved to Times Square.  Someone must think it adds something?! A coffee shop vibe maybe?

Also interesting Don Lemon turning up in a late night slot - a sign he'll head back there?
I've been trying to work out why Lemon appeared last night and he certainly wasn't part of the midnight hour that I watched this morning. I wonder if Cohen agreeing to do a CNN interview was Don's doing and therefore that was part of the agreement? 

Or it could be that he had to get some rest before the extended CNN This Morning.

Don Lemon's Insta certainly suggests he's got Cohen's number.
[-] The following 4 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon, scottishtv, UTVLifer

The other possibly is that they may be trying to attract attention to the morning show by sometimes having the team present programmes in prime time in the evening - perhaps it’s been a deliberate decision to have Lemon and Collins in the evening sometimes too; the thought being that if audiences like them they may be persuaded to try out CNN This Morning as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • bkman1990, mouseboy33

End of an era.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Marcos