(24-04-2023, 05:17 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Don Lemon has been fired.  What a day in US cable news!

twitter.com 

My goodness! Him and Tucker Carlson in one day!
[-] The following 8 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice, Jeff, Kojak, matthieu1221, oscillon, xlalonce

(24-04-2023, 05:17 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Don Lemon has been fired.  What a day in US cable news!

twitter.com 

US News Media seems to have shaken for the past couple of minutes, with Tucker's unceremonious firing... and now Don Lemon.

Did he showed up at CNN This Morning earlier, or just Kaitlan and Poppy?
[-] The following 5 users Like bakamann's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice, Kojak, Marcos

(24-04-2023, 05:26 PM)bakamann Wrote:  

twitter.com 

US News Media seems to have shaken for the past couple of minutes, with Tucker's unceremonious firing... and now Don Lemon.

He did the show this morning.

Speculation on my part, but I think CNN saw a window with the Tucker Carlson news and decided it was the right time to do something they were going to do anyway.
[-] The following 5 users Like drnilescrane's post:
  • AJB39, bakamann, bkman1990, Marcos, oscillon

God almighty what a day, first Tucker Carlson now Don Lemon. There must be some serious allegations behind the scenes that Don faces if he has had his contract terminated out of nowhere. This very much reminds of how Chris Cuomo went, lots of allegations and then CNN finding more stuff out behind the scenes to warrant a suspension and firing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • xlalonce

(24-04-2023, 05:29 PM)drnilescrane Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 05:26 PM)bakamann Wrote:  US News Media seems to have shaken for the past couple of minutes, with Tucker's unceremonious firing... and now Don Lemon.

He did the show this morning.

Speculation on my part, but I think CNN saw a window with the Tucker Carlson news and decided to fix their own personnel problem.
Indeed, Carlson’s firing may have been the “breaking of the dam” that allowed CNN to feel that the time was right for a cleanup, and previous untouchables do have to go. Otherwise it’s an incredible coincidence! If it is not a coincidence, you have to think that Licht misjudged this by failing to fire him much earlier.

It was a full house on CNN This Morning, as you say, with all the regular three - as you can see on Don’s own Twitter feed.
[-] The following 5 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Jeff, Marcos, Newsroom

(24-04-2023, 05:33 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 05:29 PM)drnilescrane Wrote:  He did the show this morning.

Speculation on my part, but I think CNN saw a window with the Tucker Carlson news and decided to fix their own personnel problem.
Indeed, Carlson’s firing may have been the “breaking of the dam” that allowed CNN to feel that the time was right for a cleanup, and previous untouchables do have to go. Otherwise it’s an incredible coincidence! If it is not a coincidence, you have to think that Licht misjudged this by failing to fire him much earlier.

It was a full house on CNN This Morning, as you say, with all the regular three - as you can see on Don’s own Twitter feed.

I watched some of it and for once I thought they all seemed genuinely happy and getting along well. Strange how things turn out.

They'll need to edit those titles pronto and get his name removed before it's back on the air tomorrow.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

(24-04-2023, 05:40 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 05:33 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  Indeed, Carlson’s firing may have been the “breaking of the dam” that allowed CNN to feel that the time was right for a cleanup, and previous untouchables do have to go. Otherwise it’s an incredible coincidence! If it is not a coincidence, you have to think that Licht misjudged this by failing to fire him much earlier.

They'll need to edit those titles pronto and get his name removed before it's back on the air tomorrow.

I assume it'll be like Today post Lauer and generic titles will be used until they have a personnel announcement. 

Will be interesting to see if they address it directly or just downplay it. It's not like they have specific allegations to address like Lauer/Rose.
[-] The following 1 user Likes drnilescrane's post:
  • Marcos

(24-04-2023, 05:49 PM)drnilescrane Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 05:40 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  They'll need to edit those titles pronto and get his name removed before it's back on the air tomorrow.

I assume it'll be like Today post Lauer and generic titles will be used until they have a personnel announcement. 

Will be interesting to see if they address it directly or just downplay it. It's not like they have specific allegations to address like Lauer/Rose.

Like any other fire according to this tweet.

https://twitter.com/CNNPR/status/1650535190568026113?s=20
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990

Seems like CNN offered Don a meeting according to them to be directly fired but didn't take it up.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Newsroom

(24-04-2023, 06:09 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Seems like CNN offered Don a meeting according to them to be directly fired but didn't take it up.

twitter.com 

And THAT is one of the reasons why he's been fired! You can't expect to live according to your own narrative. What a silly man.
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, xlalonce