(05-02-2024, 04:33 PM)Global TV Wrote:  That's kind of strange showing just 1/3 of a programme. They could also return with News Stream from HK but that's me dreaming.

They used to show just 1 hour of New Day when CNN Talk was still on air. Like you I do wish CNNI would air their own programme rather then CNN News Central but I suspect they won’t.

I think the change of production location is significant. If you arent aware, Georgia is a massive HUGE movie and production centre. 2nd only to LA. They produce hundreds and movies and tv programmes. And they now have a significant studio and soundstage system. Mostly all of this is centered in the Atlanta region. The state of Georgia offers one of the best tax breaks for media productions in the US even better than CA. Significantly lower than those offered by NY and CA. So for them to actually produce the programmes out of Atlanta also smells like cost cutting. Not being negative. But finances is always a factor in these decisions. And its likely because its being produced out of Atlanta, they are vying from some sorta of state tax credit for the productions side. So we will see. When you watch certain movies and programmes they all are required to have the GEORGIA logo with peach replacing the O. So can they the same tax credits for a produced programming. we shall see. I think thats one of the other reasons they kept a foothold in Atlanta.

www.wsbtv.com 

Wow, big changes. Hopefully all of the New York staffers land on their feet.

Moving to Atlanta simply means they’re using the resources at Techwood which are cheaper to staff than at Hudson Yards.

Never thought I’d see Washington overtake New York. DC will now anchor 12 hours of shows for Domestic, plus a thirteenth for Max. NY now only anchor 7 hours for Domestic, plus 3 for International.

Any guesses as to who replaces Acosta on weekends/Max? Or if Acosta will replace Rahel on Max/CNNI NA Feed?
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • oscillon

Jim has confirmed as expected that he is leaving weekends to start a new 10am show.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • Michael 18

CNN's domestic ratings are complete disaster. To be quite frank. I dont know what they can do the right the ship. The audiences are firmly entrenched in either turning to FNC or MSNBC, but you have so many players now. Plus it depends on the type of story will determine where people will turn to. If its a local story that reaches national importance. Audiences are now able to stream the local news stations, directly bi-passing the national news channels. In my opinion the local stations are always the best source for local-origin stories. They have knowledge/sources that the national networks simply dont have. Plus ABC, CBS and of course NBC all have streaming services.
CNN is on the backfoot in so many ways. Zucker and Trump collectively destroyed the channel IMO. The bad programming choices and the constant right-wing attacks have left the channel severely probably permanently damaged ratings-wise.

Technically it returns to the 90s Schedule. Back then it was the "Early Edition" at 5 AM, followed by the "Morning News" at 7 AM.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wetsom's post:
  • CNN1992

Terrible changes. Poppy and Phill are a competent pair of pleasant people that gave us the news without fluff or stunt-pulling. I don't understand what was wrong with that??? CNN will never get the ratings FOX & MSNBC get, especially not in the morning so any sort of attempt to compete with them is a silly. Counting on Kasie Hunt to change your fortunes is mad. She is a hard watch, an hour of her is an hour too much and for some reason, us CNNI viewers have to suffer through 2 hours and very soon 3 hours of her. Who is pushing her????

Acosta on weekdays??? My God. Clearly they want him to Trump up their coverage, in this election year and another potential Trump presidency. Another terrible mistake.

If they are moving production to Atlanta, why not use Atlanta anchors/reporters as well. There's a lot of talent there, without the DX NY bias.

It would be wonderful if CNNI could somehow tune out of this mess and just have its own coverage again. Max & Bianca are wasted and should get more hours. But I doubt it's ever gonna happen since the whole idea now is to make both channels use same production teams.
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • Charles, conrad73, oscillon, sky303

(05-02-2024, 08:02 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  CNN will never get the ratings FOX & MSNBC get, especially not in the morning so any sort of attempt to compete with them is a silly.

I think that's the entire point of these changes. Why waste resources on a distinct show that's never going to compete? Let's take advantage of the teams already in place and tweak the schedule to accommodate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JK08's post:
  • ginnyfan

I can't help feeling CNN are too far gone to be helped, no matter the intentions of the people in charge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes what's post:
  • ginnyfan

(05-02-2024, 08:13 PM)JK08 Wrote:  I think that's the entire point of these changes. Why waste resources on a distinct show that's never going to compete? Let's take advantage of the teams already in place and tweak the schedule to accommodate.

You're right, it's clearly a downgrade all around but still they could have left things as they are on screen and just move production to Atlanta. Where will Poppy and Phill go? Poppy has been moved around the schedule a lot and could end up disposed like Alisyn Camerotta? Is she even still with CNN? I guess CNN Max is always an option.