(20-02-2024, 10:47 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I'm looking forward to viewing tuning into the repeat of The Situation Room and hearing Wolf say 'HAPPENING NOW' on a news story that happened about 6 hours ago whilst they miss out any breaking news late evening!

Well, that's exactly what happened (although they did not miss on any big breaking news): archive.org 

(21-02-2024, 01:32 PM)Global TV Wrote:  Amanda Davies is still presenting World Sports live from London despite the axing of max show.

Wonder if that lasts when the new arrangenments fully take place - if that is still the case I can't see any reason not to restore Newsroom with Max Foster an hour earlier.

So. The 8am ET CNN Newsroom with Amara is clearly CNNI produced. And at 9a ET, CTW is on Max — that show previously was never simulcast on Max.

Maybe they figured out having 3 separate networks competing for resources wasn’t such a good idea :p

CNN Max used to have at least 4 hours of unique programming a day. (8a-11a and 2p-3p ET). Will there be ANY unique Max newscasts under this new schedule??
[-] The following 2 users Like inletwindow's post:
  • EastCoast, interestednovice

As expected, CNN Newsroom with Amara Walker took on International Newsroom graphics. Amara only anchored for an hour, with Connect the World currently streaming on CNN Max. This means no separate Max exclusive content between 8am-11am ET.

Assumption now is that Rahel anchors one hour at 11am instead of at 10am. This leaves CNN Newsroom with Jim Sciutto as the only Max exclusive show, unless we see something different this afternoon.

I wonder how many people were brought in to support CNN Max and if they are being let go or if they are moving into the new Atlanta roles for CNN This Morning, CNN Newsroom with Jim Acosta, and The Bulletin with Pamela Brown.

Edit: looks like inletwindow beat me to it!

(21-02-2024, 03:03 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  So. The 8am ET CNN Newsroom with Amara is clearly CNNI produced. And at 9a ET, CTW is on Max — that show previously was never simulcast on Max.

Maybe they figured out having 3 separate networks competing for resources wasn’t such a good idea :p

CNN Max used to have at least 4 hours of unique programming a day. (8a-11a and 2p-3p ET). Will there be ANY unique Max newscasts under this new schedule??

Yes, 8am ET was a very decent newscast, visually identical to other Atlanta-originating CNNI newsrooms (on CNN Max, at least in the beginning, they used a virtual background imitating Washington's Studio D).

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

In the end Amara specifically announced that CTW is next.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • Talkover

Did CNN Max simulcasted CNN World Sports?

(21-02-2024, 03:42 PM)Global TV Wrote:  Did CNN Max simulcasted CNN World Sports?

Yes, it is —— at 9:45am ET. Still on right now!

(21-02-2024, 03:49 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  Yes, it is —— at 9:45am ET. Still on right now!

I was asking the 7:30 ET show. If they are simulcasting CTW, they did not have other option. But at 7:30 they could have sticked to CNN This Morning.

(21-02-2024, 03:54 PM)Global TV Wrote:  I was asking the 7:30 ET show. If they are simulcasting CTW, they did not have other option. But at 7:30 they could have sticked to CNN This Morning.

At 7:30am Max stuck with CNN This Morning. Max does not show the 5:30pm edition of World Sport either. Weekend editions of World Sport are simulcast on Max.

Well this is the best possible outcome. CNNI gets more hours while US audiences get CNNI via Max.
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • EastCoast, Jeff, Michael 18

(21-02-2024, 03:54 PM)Global TV Wrote:  I was asking the 7:30 ET show. If they are simulcasting CTW, they did not have other option. But at 7:30 they could have sticked to CNN This Morning.

Sure there’s another option. CNNI could continue to produce the rest of the hour just for the benefit of Max. I’m glad they’re NOT doing that!

CNNI does this for CNN U.S. all the time, where they’ll fill out an hour (usually 15-30 min) just to be shown on domestic.