Looks like no major changes to CNN News Central apart from the earlier start time. One of the good things about this to be fair is that international viewers finally get a regular 30 mins of one of domestic's best produced shows.
[-] The following 4 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • EastCoast, JosiahStuart, Talkover, xlalonce

(26-02-2024, 04:48 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  Wonder when those red letters are coming down…. Suspect it won’t be long now.

There are the big letters in front of the building on Centennial (the ones you see most often in pictures). Then there are also red letters on several sides of the building at the top. I guess those will be the last to go.

And Id be surprised if they install anything at Turner Techwood. Especially with all the protests that have been happening outfront in the last few years. They probably will be happy to be behind gates and just a lower profile location security wise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • inletwindow

The new CNN Newsroom show with Jim Acosta is coming from Studio D. An extra lick of CNN Newsroom paint on the studio background.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • oscillon

What does the 4pm UK time edition of Newsroom with Rahel Solomon replace? Iirc it used to be the old CTW slot before that was moved forward when First Move went? But what replaced that at the time?

(26-02-2024, 04:42 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  What does the 4pm UK time edition of Newsroom with Rahel Solomon replace? Iirc it used to be the old CTW slot before that was moved forward when First Move went? But what replaced that at the time?

After CTW it was State of the Race with Katie Hunt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Global TV's post:
  • matthieu1221

(26-02-2024, 01:54 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  And Id be surprised if they install anything at Turner Techwood. Especially with all the protests that have been happening outfront in the last few years. They probably will be happy to be behind gates and just a lower profile location security wise.

I bet they WILL move those letters to Techwood. But will they be in an area only accessible and viewable by employees? Maybe so.

Yes, much better not to draw attention. And no public access to Techwood like there was for CNN Center. Techwood even has a private Starbucks!

The CNN tour at CNNC shut down in 2020 and is never coming back.

(26-02-2024, 04:17 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  The new CNN Newsroom show with Jim Acosta is coming from Studio D. An extra lick of CNN Newsroom paint on the studio background.
CNN Newsroom with Wolf Blitzer likewise came from Studio D, thus Studio D being in use now from 10am to 1pm ET. While th 10am hour had Capitol as background, 11am hour has the White House.
Interestingly, there was no ad break between the two shows, so either the very beginning of the 11am hour or the end of the 10am hour must have come from the cupboard.

i.postimg.cc 

On the CNNI side, alas, still no proper New York studios - Rahel Solomon's Newsroom, One World and QMB all came from the cupboard today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • Michael 18

So what happens to New Day set now? It was already wasted but now it's totally out of use so is it decommissioned, as part of these cost-cutting measures?

Needless to say, it would be a perfect home for CNNI shows but that's dreamland at this point.....
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • Michael 18, sky303

With the new CNN US line up they aren't doing any programme from NYC between 10amET and 7pm ET, so I don't CNN I will getting to use a proper set in NYC at all either. Things are going to be tight for awhile at CNN, but would rather have news programme in a closet on CNN International than them giving up and doing even more CNN US simulcasts.

It feels like New York doesn’t have a studio with stationary or robotic cameras like other bureaus which can be operated with basically no crews. The new DC hours from Studio D all use the same shots to cut down on having operators in studio.

If the Newsroom set still existed it would work perfectly for the international shows. Rumor has is CNN vacated the floor that studio was on in their Hudson Yards bureau.

With 9.5 hours of the 15 hours CNNI produces currently coming from broom cupboards I really hope change is in order soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • oscillon