After special weekend shows like a Sunday edition of AC360 and a Bash/Phillip slot after it, CNN This Morning has moved into one of the usual election sets.
www.youtube.com 

I guess kudos to CNNI for sticking to its schedule today, on the Election Day. I know it's not presidential election, but considering all the hype and significance, I'm actually surprised they did not tune into domestic's rolling coverage. At the moment, CNNI will join domestic at 22.00 CET and stay with it all day tomorrow until European prime time.

Last few years, they would just join domestic the day before and stay with it for days. Hopefully it's a sign of more dedication to its own schedule and shows.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • TVFan

(08-11-2022, 02:51 AM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  After special weekend shows like a Sunday edition of AC360 and a Bash/Phillip slot after it, CNN This Morning has moved into one of the usual election sets.
www.youtube.com 

Is Kaitlin Collins still the Chief White House Correspondent? She seems to have worked her way up quite quickly. Not really super drawn to her if I'm honest. Would have liked to see someone like Erica Hill present the morning show.

(09-11-2022, 02:19 AM)gman Wrote:  
(08-11-2022, 02:51 AM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  After special weekend shows like a Sunday edition of AC360 and a Bash/Phillip slot after it, CNN This Morning has moved into one of the usual election sets.
www.youtube.com 

Is Kaitlin Collins still the Chief White House Correspondent? She seems to have worked her way up quite quickly. Not really super drawn to her if I'm honest. Would have liked to see someone like Erica Hill present the morning show.

I don't think so. I think she is anchor and "chief correspondent" for the morning show, whatever that means. I guess they'll send her to do various reports exclusively for CNN This Morning perhaps. She's off the White House beat.

I haven't seen a new chief White House correspondent named, unless I missed it.

I think that leaves Phil Mattingly as the most senior WH correspondent?

I’m surprised and disappointed that CNN has not once tossed to a meteorologist for a weather update on Hurricane Nicole today.

I know election coverage is important, but we’ve seen hours of the same commentary and analysis. Anderson Cooper tossed to a reporter live in West Palm Beach, FL, who only made reference to the impending hurricane after some lights flickered. At least have them cover the hurricane as well if they’re there…

A break on recent events now, as Fred Hickman, one of the original anchors of CNN’s Sports Tonight (best known alongside Nick Charles) has died aged 67 after battling cancer. He was one of CNN’s founder presenters and remained there until 2001, when it helped launch the YES Network. He would later work for ESPN and Fox Sports before moving to local TV in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and most recently at the Nexstar DC News Now duopoly.

Very tough year. First, the death of Bernie Shaw, and now this. Two CNN founders lost. May they RIP.

twitter.com 

Dylan Byers of Puck: town hall TODAY (Thursday) with David Zaslav for all of WBD with Chris Licht also participating.
Next Tuesday: Solo town hall with Chris Licht for CNN
twitter.com 

What will we learn, if anything? I'm sure anything interesting will leak almost instantly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • Newsroom

CNNi handled overnight coverage as usual even using the Election Night in America Continued branding, a change from 2020 when CNN US handled everything for days. Note the CNN US logo being used on screen though.
www.youtube.com 

(10-11-2022, 11:28 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  Dylan Byers of Puck: town hall TODAY (Thursday) with David Zaslav for all of WBD with Chris Licht also participating.
Next Tuesday: Solo town hall with Chris Licht for CNN
twitter.com 

What will we learn, if anything?  I'm sure anything interesting will leak almost instantly.

Crikey, that makes for another uncomfortable read. One wonders just how long Licht will be in that role. He appears to have made zero impact on the network since he got there. Will be looking for leaks for sure once this Town Hall happens.

Seems to have been a mostly normal daytime schedule on CNN today despite the election not being decided yet. The only things that have been changed in daytime is two hours of At This Hour today though it's now election coverage until midnight ET with Erin Burnett now from 4pm-7pm ET and I guess Jake and co from 7pm-12am ET.

EDIT: And just like old times, It's Wolf Blitzer presenting with Anderson for the 7pm-12am ET stint.