Something tells me that going forward CNNi in NYC will continue to use DTLs because of the cost of operating studios in the city. Big studio productions will be consolidated to ATL and LDN and AD. The producers probably will be a consolidated in ATL and the studios all just be the studio hubs. Good news for ATL. But CNNi is just waiting for the "big" ATL studio to launch. But DTLs are just cheaper in the long run.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • Talkover

The Mckinsey drones would have said full sets do nothing for video on decides/on demand. Except that anyone who gets news pres knows it’s the professional touches that will continue to set the legacy organisations apart from a slightly dodgy YouTube upstart.

It’s all cyclical. A competitor will eventually break out and start making an effort, like AJE in the 2000s, everyone then catches up in response and the management consultant BS is (correctly) ignored for another few years

I have a feeling there is a little remainder of the Poppy Harlow / Kaitlan Collins era in the new CNN This Morning open. At the very beginning of the open, there seem to appear the letters POP… (just the upper part of them) under the red CNN logo, as it was used in some graphics elements at that time.
I find it very pity they shortened the open. The original one was really well done. For me, this reflects the sad evolution of the show.

Patrick Snell anchoring the 7:30a ET World Sport from Atlanta. Did Patrick anchor this edition yesterday and Monday as well?

It was Amanda from London as usual.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • EastCoast

Phil Mattingly has been named as a Chief Domestic Correspondent. And will report across several areas. Mostly politics and other domestic stories. No word yet on what happens to Poppy Harlow

variety.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • AJB39, matthieu1221

CNN is still without a Chief White House Correspondent, but ok.

Nice article about the final broadcasts from CNN Center and the move to the Ted Turner Techwood Campus.
www.adweek.com 

CNN Meteorologist Derek VanDam posted a little tribute behind the scenes of the shuttered CNN Center. Sad. Didnt even get a proper send off on air. Also its worth nothing. They claimed the set from Studio 7 will be moved and reassembled at Turner Techwood. Depending on when that was shot by Derek. The Studio7 set looks to be pretty much intact. So it seems there will be completely new set for Domestic and International.

x.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • bakamann, EastCoast, matthieu1221, RhysJR, Talkover

The only indication about Studio 7 was that they were moving walls over to Techwood, not the set. If you pause the video you can see that most of the screens and video walls have been reduced to brackets.

End of an era indeed. Excited to see what tomorrow morning looks like from Techwood
[-] The following 3 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • oscillon, Talkover, xlalonce