Looks like some technical issue happening at CNN International right now, I assume their link with Abu Dhabi studios.

Eleni Giokos has started Connect The World from Abu Dhabi at 9am ET, but Erica Hill had stepped in to anchor the program from a flash studio in NY at the bottom of the hour.

EDIT: Looks like the two are now co-anchoring for CTW's second hour.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bakamann's post:
  • interestednovice

(28-03-2024, 02:58 PM)bakamann Wrote:  Looks like some technical issue happening at CNN International right now, I assume their link with Abu Dhabi studios.

Eleni Giokos has started Connect The World from Abu Dhabi at 9am ET, but Erica Hill had stepped in to anchor the program from a flash studio in NY at the bottom of the hour.

EDIT: Looks like the two are now co-anchoring for CTW's second hour.

Most likely it's not technical but Trump-related: they seem to have developed a habit of using second, US-based anchor on CTW when covering domestic political events (for the benefit of CNN Max).
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • interestednovice

(28-03-2024, 03:08 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Most likely it's not technical but Trump-related: they seem to have developed a habit of using second, US-based anchor on CTW when covering domestic political events (for the benefit of CNN Max).

It's technical, I believe. After David McKenzie's live extro to his news report, the broadcast suddenly cuts to the Market Brief and gone on a 5-6 minute commercial break before Erica shows up.

But yeah, they kinda easily transitioned with Trump's Georgia hearing smoothly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bakamann's post:
  • interestednovice

(23-03-2024, 09:02 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Laila Harrak has been notably absent for the last couple of months. After she did that stint in Barcelona at the end of last year, she made one appearance in early January, as far as I know. We've had mostly Paula Newton, Lynda Kinkade and recently Anna Coren filling in.

Laila is again not on the schedule for this upcoming weekend. It also looks like CNN are tinkering with the overnights this weekend:

On Saturday Michael anchors his 30 minutes at 12am then 90 minutes at 1am. The 3am and 4am hours, anchored by Anna Coren this weekend, both now carry taped shows at the 30 minute mark (likely because CNNUS only simulcast the 5am hour), meaning only 1am and 5am are full hours of live news.

On Sunday Michael anchors 30 minute bulletins at 12am, 1am, and 2am with World Sport reairing at 12:30am. Anna Coren takes over for a 30 minute bulletin at 3am, followed by another taped show at half past 3, meaning only 4am and 5am are full live news hours.

Laila Harrak's profile has been removed from CNN's website (edition.cnn.com ), so it seems she is no longer with the network.
[-] The following 1 user Likes alex.w's post:
  • oscillon

That's strange and a shame. I thought she was on maternity leave or something like that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • oscillon

Now that the move out of CNN Center is finished or mostly finished….

The developer who owns the building announced it will be rebranded as “The Center.”

Wow. Terrible name.

They put up some concept art and are reaching out to possible retail and office tenants.

cpgcre.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • EastCoast

I wish them the best of luck in leasing that. Who would ever want it? It’s an indoor theme park -turned- broadcast facility with a layout that would be awkward and unsuitable for most other commercial uses. Also, with the state of commercial real estate in American cities, I can’t imagine anyone is clamoring for that space.

The cultural significance of CNN Center in Atlanta will be a selling point for companies that want a location that's more than just an office. Telling people "we're in the old CNN Center" is the easiest office wayfinding you can probably get in Atlanta.

The connection to State Farm Arena and Mercedes Benz Stadium being next door might be attractive for sports-based companies or those that want to give their employees prime access to events. The broadcast infrastructure may also attract smaller firms of creative/digital that may have a need for it. The newsroom floor may be the hardest to lease.

Much like the Sears Tower, I'd expect the name CNN Center to remain the go-to call for the building.

On an unrelated note, Rosemary had previously said that they would move into the new studio in April. Hopefully it's not too long before the debut!
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • mouseboy33

Atlanta is rife and overflowing with tv and film production companies and movie studios and such. I wonder if you will have some tenant in that section take over The Center (sounds stupid) Its across the Centennial Olympic Park. You have a built in name. Centennial Center. Olympic Center....how stupid The Center.

Wish them well with that dumb name.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • Charles